• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube bending tips/tricks??

JCSXJ said:
Hey Rick, what do you think the chances are of me coming over and watching/helping/whatever. I'd like to learn alittle before I get a bender. I'll bring the beer. I'm the guy that rode with Joe on axle alley when you guys had your old rigs.
James

????

I guess the degree ring is not a necessity, but I love it. Plus I learned by bending tube with MUCH MUCH more difficult bends than a roll cage, so now I'm used to making things as accurate as possible (not sure if that's a good thing or not yet) even on a simple cage. So the degree ring is just one of those things I can't go without now.

Just a picture of what we did...we designed this in solidworks and did it in a manual pro-tools bender.

170272_73_full.jpg

JCSXJ said:
Hey Rick, what do you think the chances are of me coming over and watching/helping/whatever. I'd like to learn alittle before I get a bender. I'll bring the beer. I'm the guy that rode with Joe on axle alley when you guys had your old rigs.
James

James, right now, there are at least 6-8 guys in my little group that are planning on coming over on Saturday.

Being my first time with the bender, I'd like to try to keep the distractions to a minimum, at least for the first time. I'm sure we'll be working on it for the next couple weekends. I'll shoot you a PM when I know we'll be bending.

I'm sure we'll end up making a cage for Joe's soon, too.

Rick

Back