• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF run Mar.28th

So, I think I've got a guy in a lifted ZJ and possibly my cousin in a stockish XJ coming with me
Wait a ZJ this is a XJ run here thats it I'm not going :nono::twak::smsoap::bawl:
Ok just playing hey I think the more the better. (more people to pull my ars out of trouble lol)

lets not forget this is a noob run. or at least i thought it was. my plan was to do more teaching and taking it slow, than hard core hallin' ass on the hard trails.

we may need to split into 2 groups if you guys wanna hit waterfall etc... with more than a handfull of rigs.

just my $0.02

Yeah, they're noobs. It kinda sounds like both are doubtful now though...
I understand the teaching aspect and intend to keep it that way.

OK, this may be a dumb question, but if your driving a ZJ with a 5 inch lift...is there enough flex...that it could break the stock (non-extended) brake lines or abs lines when treading lightly?

Scott...wait your turn on this please...at least 24 hours!

I'm new to the ZJ realm and if it were my old XJ...I'd wheel the poo out of it, but this rig cost me 8 times more than the XJ.

The trip is the 28th...I'm buying a Rubicon Express lift to fix the hack of a lift it has now the following Monday. I don't want to hurt something when its getting replaced a week later and could handle this with no problems in the future.

Just wondering if I should wait this out at least a week. Kinda like counting your chickens before they hatch...in a sense!

If your talking about the noobs being doubtful nope not this one lol.

I don't know that we plan on running any trails that would cause you to flex... really.

Cedar tree, hood raiser.. Parts of archers.. Depending on how tight your lines are.

I have been debating on if I should put on my bumpers N Stuff before the Run. I am finishing up my reartire carrier, and changing some thing on the front. I am a little concerned if I put the bumpers and winch on.. I will be riding pretty low.. I am still hoping to get it lifted by the 28th.. although it will look silly without new tires :) but oh well.

with this run, Overextending a breakline could easily be avoided. because flexing is easily avoidable, unless you run something like FB5 and purposly screw around, the only time i ever really "flex" on Cedar tree is when im puposly "Stump humping"

.. although it will look silly without new tires :) but oh well.

I think Dustin wouldn't agree. How much are you lifting it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfoam

If your talking about the noobs being doubtful nope not this one lol.

Nope, my friend and cousin, friend is eyeing a front axle replacement that weekend and my cousin is very bad at checking his messages.

I am going with the Full Traction 6" kit. I won't have tires and gears done by then. The lift will be close.. but I am hoping with Spring break I can make it happen.

I am going with the Full Traction 6" kit. I won't have tires and gears done by then. The lift will be close.. but I am hoping with Spring break I can make it happen.

Awesome choice, Dave!

If (read when) I build another Jeep, that's the setup I would run.

Also, I would know nothing about running 30" tires on a 5.5" lift. :gag:

one week away. time for a sticky. my fuel funds are dry so i might not make it.
Oh don't want to be hearing that. I'm looking forward to meeting as many people from on here as I can. Can't you ride shotgun with someone or something?

I have no front tow points other then raping a sling around the front axle. On an official noob run would that be acceptable? There are no plans of deep mud or big up hills that I would have to be pulled very hard? I have had my Jeep off road 1 time so fare with Terry and redjeep3 and did very well (I thought) since I am only running 31" A/T's.

Dave

you shouldnt need a tug all day unless you end up having too much fun. wich i normaly do.

I have no front tow points other then raping a sling around the front axle. On an official noob run would that be acceptable? There are no plans of deep mud or big up hills that I would have to be pulled very hard? I have had my Jeep off road 1 time so fare with Terry and redjeep3 and did very well (I thought) since I am only running 31" A/T's.

Dave

i got a buddy with tow hooks with brackets etc... if you want em. lemme know asap and i can get em cheap for ya.

Ok, so backs feeling ALOT better, im starting physical therapy, and i've been doing everything just about normal after i stretch in the mornings and take a pain pill, so i might be on this. Im down to takin one pill a day, and not hurting at all the rest of the day.

Plus, i gotta test out the new tires.

Back