• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest: 5/8

IMG_0297.jpg

Eric's breakage:
IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

I must say guys, that is an amazing trail repair. Very creative, MacGyver himself couldn't have done a better job.

And my favorite part, Eric's ride home! :looser:
IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

:roflmao:

opps I needed to rotate that last one.
Jerry fixing Erics broken rig on the trail. Don't worry he was earning his ride for the day. lol
noobfest5-8-2010041.jpg

noobfest5-8-2010042.jpg

noobfest5-8-2010043.jpg

noobfest5-8-2010047.jpg

noobfest5-8-2010048.jpg

The meeting of the minds.:laugh:
[IMG]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo310/allen_wrench1000/noobfest5-8-2010045.jpg

Gathering for lunch we were the last to make it at 2:30pm so the lunch so tasty because we were suposed to be there at 1:00pm:greensmok. Thats trail riding.

noobfest5-8-2010049.jpg

noobfest5-8-2010050.jpg

noobfest5-8-2010051.jpg

I had an awesome time today! Thanks to everyone who made it happen. It was sure nice to put faces to the screennames and everyone was incredibley nice and helpful. Made a ton of new friends and that was almost better than hitting the trails.

Same here, I had a blast. It was great meeting everybody. Huge thanks to everybody who organized and helped out with this. I'm definitely looking forward to the next time.

Great Pics... I had an insane amount of fun on this trip! im deffenitly going to be doing this more!! so besides erics broken arm..my jeep blew a head gasket on the way home just out side of ceder hills..major bummer cuz its my daily driver! but she'll be fixed..thanks thorx and everyone else for all the help

i had such an awesome time yesterday, big thanks to everyone in our group, i learned more in one day than i could have in a lifetime of reading stuff online. thanks torx you were very patient with all of us new guys, and didnt make us feel dumb. shermellow i had a blast cracking jokes with you and your buddie al day.... :yap: and iceman thanks soooo much for taking me under your wing, and thanks for letting me borrow your extra cb and your tools, i will be way more prepared next time. i have already ordered a set of sway bar disconnects, and i found a used cb on craigslist. i cant wait to go up again! it was such a blast

To many pics for the last one only two left

And thats when I got all crossed up. I made it out but it took so long that we didn't get any more pics I just wanted to get out of there so I throttled down and powered out that mess.
noobfest5-8-2010080.jpg

noobfest5-8-2010084.jpg

Wow, what a day! :cool:

First off I have to say thank you to all those who kept and open mind yesterday, never complained, always were the first ones to help, etc. You guys really made Noobfest a success!

Here's my story:

Liking to be early, I set out of the house around 7:00 to meet up with the PIR Convoy. However, things turned sour quite quickly when Gunnr (the dog) climbed into the back and threw up all over my recovery bag, tool bag, and floor. Literally gagging from the smell we turned around and headed back home. We quickly unpacked the back and hosed everything off, tossed it back in (soaking wet) and set off 20 minutes late. Needless to say the smell in the Jeep all day wasn't the greatest.

I did however manage to make it to PIR on time, and arrived to an impressive turnout. By 8:00 we had all 16 rigs accounted for, and set off for TSF. Coming into Rogers I was shocked by the turnout (even with the 16 from the convoy behind me). Thanks to Dave (GlueNTape)/Keith (Mopar440) for taking a group and Ken from the TSF Trail Patrol for taking another and helping with the routes.

Quick driver meeting.
P1040982.jpg

We split into three groups, and my group took off down the highway to start off on Hoodraiser.
IMG_0007.jpg

After everyone got their feet wet on the rolling Hoodraiser trail, we set off for Hogsback. Everyone did an awesome job getting through the first part. Here's Mr.Fister all twisted up.
IMG_0019.jpg

Shermellow: Nicely built rig, you only grazed the surface of it's capabilites yesterday. ;)
IMG_0020.jpg

Dellstopjeep
IMG_0022.jpg

Bdr529
IMG_0023.jpg

After everyone made a clean run through the first part, we ran the second section.
IMG_0030.jpg

Gunnr feeling a little better.
IMG_0034.jpg

Bdr529 coming through the gatekeeper.
IMG_0038.jpg

After Hogsback we took the bypass around Rocky Uphill, which in turn is a trail itself as some found out. At that point we should have headed back for lunch, but I really wanted to get to Waterfall to end the second section of the route.

Pretty good steep hill climb on Archers Firebreak.
IMG_0043.jpg

WashoualXJ making the climb.
IMG_0047.jpg

Iceman took the lead for a bit on the following few sections of Archers. I came around the corner near the back of the pack to find the group stopped, and surround Dellstopjeep's rig. Needless to say that's when he discovered his y-link had removed itself from the frame.
IMG_0056.jpg

Big thanks to those who stepped in and were throwing off ideas for a fix. Ryan (Iceman) donated a muffler clamp strap, I tossed in a u-bolt from my steering box brace, and Eric (Dellstopjeep) took off a clamp from his exhaust. With two u-bolts tight around the tube they were enough to hold the y-link in place (and probably stronger than before as some pointed out :D). Eric got it on the road, and our group took it slow driving back to Lyda for lunch.
IMG_0054.jpg

Back at lunch we found the other groups had been there for a few hours (sorry guys!). Lunch went good, lots of food available, and storys to share. Some took off for the day, and others set out for more trails.

My group set off under a rain shower for Cedar Tree. That was a first for me running the trail during a thunderstorm. Here's Joey (FiveNDime) making the corner on the second section.
IMG_0057.jpg

Cedar Tree was ran with no real issues, and we had a pretty decent pace going. After Cedar Tree we decided to take a look at Firebreak 5 and the "Rock of Doom". Due to the rain storm we had some mud present and traction became a whole lot more fun. I chose to take the right line, and pivot around the rock. Iceman's pictures tel the story well of our runs.

John (Bronzewyrm) gave every line possible a go, but clearance wasn't on his side. Excellent throttle control and tire placement though (all day).
IMG_0074.jpg

Joey (FiveNDime) was detained for a bit from being hung up on the rear diff. A few of us were able to shake him loose and he was able to make it under his own power.
IMG_0077.jpg

At that point is was around 7:00, and we called it a day. Like clockwork we pulled into Rogers right behind the other group.
IMG_0082.jpg

Muddy, tired, but lots of fun and memories for all of us.
IMG_0084.jpg

Thanks for a fun day everyone! I didn't get to wheel with everyone, but I hope everyone had a great time and will be back on the trails soon.

Quick shoutouts:
Ken: Thanks for the route plans and group leading
Dave/Keith: Thanks for leading the other group and showing them around.
Ryan: Thanks for always being there ready to help, it made the day much eaiser.
Joey: Thanks to you and the copilot for stepping in and helping with the trail repair.
Mr.Fister: It was good to wheel with you and your copilot, awesome attitudes the whole day.
Shermellow: Thanks for making the trip out, feel free to join in on the next run and we'll show you around some more (also PM if you need any help with the alignment).
Evan: Making the trek down from for Noobfest was compliment in itself, let us know if you want to check out the area again.
Jimmy & Steve: Nice wheeling with you guys, and I hope to see the both of you on the trail soon (in your own rig).
Eric: Catastrophic failure on a noob run... I'm literally still speechless.

Does that make me a Poser if i own a jeep and never go wheelin??

again you guys rock I appreciate all the help fixing my pos. Going to try and build some new arms before nwfest. I guess I owe some people beer and exhaust clamps.

again you guys rock I appreciate all the help fixing my pos. Going to try and build some new arms before nwfest. I guess I owe some people beer and exhaust clamps.
You also somehow have to replace that half day of wheeling I missed out on because of you.

this might be a dumb question dells, but having one of your hubs unlocked wouldnt have contributed to that failure of the arm would it????

Back