• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest: 5/8

We'll be rollong on CH4 in the morning. Depending on the amount of traffic on the channel, we may switch to a different one at TSF.

I will also have an FRS radio as well for those without CB's.

The route I have planned is pretty tame, but there will be a few spots that will be a definite challenge for some.

I'm looking over group leaders/tail gunners now. Because of the insane turnout we're going to have, I may split us up into three or even four groups. I'm surprised at how much this run has been cross posted, and spread through word of the mouth. Next year we may have to look at making this an "official" event.

"Noobfest 2011: Last run before the end of time!":D Has kind of a good ring to it, does it not?

I think its so popular because of a lot us newbies are looking for low key trails and to go with other vehicles of the same kind help. Make you think more on the lines of, "if he can do it, I can to." At least this is the way I feel. I have a few buddies that have yota's on 38.5" Trxus MT's and he wants me to go with him. But me at 3.5" with 30 BFG KM's don't have a chance. This run sounds like a blast and a great way to meet some locals.:farmer:

I'm looking over group leaders/tail gunners now. Because of the insane turnout we're going to have, I may split us up into three or even four groups. I'm surprised at how much this run has been cross posted, and spread through word of the mouth. Next year we may have to look at making this an "official" event.
Dustin, Me and justin are planning to attend, but we have talked about showing up to see the turn out and possibly splitting off to run our own trails

I am thinking that maybe our idea could be used to maybe get a group of guys that might possibly want to run a little more moderate line of trails. maybe for a few guys that arnt too new to wheeling, or have a small lift/31s, etc etc Let me know if this might be a workable idea? At this rate i think we just might fill rogers parking lot. witch is GREAT! but maybe we could break it up into a couple of groups and different lines of trails and all meet back at like lyda for lunch?

Dustin, Me and justin are planning to attend, but we have talked about showing up to see the turn out and possibly splitting off to run our own trails

I am thinking that maybe our idea could be used to maybe get a group of guys that might possibly want to run a little more moderate line of trails. maybe for a few guys that arnt too new to wheeling, or have a small lift/31s, etc etc Let me know if this might be a workable idea? At this rate i think we just might fill rogers parking lot. witch is GREAT! but maybe we could break it up into a couple of groups and different lines of trails and all meet back at like lyda for lunch?
I like it! That would work out great, and if you could take a small group, even better.

As far as lunch goes, the half way point for the route is basically Lyda. Not sure how we'll do on time, but I'm thinking around 1:00. Plan a route, and we can go over it on Saturday. I know we'll definitely have two groups for beginners (I'll take one, and I'm thinking Dave will take another), plus the possibility of yours, and I believe another club will be up there for a beginner run as well (not sure if they will run with us or not).

ODF is staging at 8:30, so hopefully Rogers will clear out a little by the time our army starts arriving around 9. Like I said before lets try to meet at the far end of Rogers near the back to keep the entrance clear.

Is there going to be Convoy on the Westside?
If so I would love to join you guys.

I believe SpikeyPuck is coming form Beaverton. I usually roll out from there, but I will be up in Vancouver friday night, and leaving from the north.

Dustin, I will run/lead whatever. I am just excited to run some trails and cruze with you all again. Feels like its been forever..

Is there going to be Convoy on the Westside?
If so I would love to join you guys.

FYI...
I'll be joining a few rigs at the Cornelius Pass Chevron @ 8am.
Anyone is welcome to join us if interested. It'd probly be a good idea to post up if you plan to, that way I'll know to wait for you!

Yea but I a little off in the head. I like to get to places early. I will be pulling out of Beaverton around 7:30. Mainly because I don't have quick discos for my sway bar yet, and don't like to be the person holding people up. However if some people from the west side are wanting to wagon train. I could just disconnect before I leave the house.

Torx throw me in whatever group you would like. Just make sure ill get stuck and get to break in my winch. Or should I just dump it in my ditch again and try there? :confused1 lol

Torx throw me in whatever group you would like. Just make sure ill get stuck and get to break in my winch. Or should I just dump it in my ditch again and try there? :confused1 lol
That should be easy enough, wasnt hard getting you stuck last time... :greensmok

ooh ooh ooh. pick me pick me.. the xj is still naked!
i was looking forward to seein ya agin rod.ohh well looks like youll be having some fun too. if theres extra swag i may buy some. still needing to represent!

Bronze.

I have three of the NW Chapter fender/window stickers I'll bring along, one w/your name on it to put on the new rig!:kissyou:

I have three of the NW Chapter fender/window stickers I'll bring along, one w/your name on it to put on the new rig!:kissyou:

:worship: meeeee sooooo.

so.... at the last minute we are having some family problems, and wont be able to make it out friday to camp. BUT we wouldent miss the run saturday , for the world.

we will be rolling out of salem with the local club at 6:30. head count as follows.

(salem jeepers)
BronzeWyrm- me"john",tessa,and josh - Grill space-chicken,fruit salad
Desert4WD- doug - misc.munchies
JustMe- mel,steve - Chicken and/or pork.
Atitude- Chris,Niki(hope thats right) - Pot O Drinks.

(Naxja)
Shermello- ?????- ?
Hover- ?????-?

i think the only worrie now is plates, cups and, silverwhare. ill bring some extras, first come first serve. but lets all plan on a BYO(X) on this one.

soooo ANXIOUS.....:confused1

Bronze.

Last edited:
TSF Noobfest: The Final Details

We're a little over a day out from Noobfest. Here's the important info all in one post.

TORX said:
Who: Obviously this run will be geared more toward beginners. Anyone is welcome to participate member or not.
What:
There will be no vehicle requirements for this. If you've been itching to get out on the trail, bring what you got.
When: 5/8/2010: Lets plan to meet at Rogers Camp around 9:00am, and be on the trails by 10:00.
Where:
This will be taking place at the Tillamook State Forest. You can top off your tanks and pick up an ORV permit at the Gales Creek Shell. Continue up Hwy 6 for another ~7 miles until you see the turnoff for Browns Camp on the left. Hang a left at the T and follow the road into Rogers Camp. Lets try to meet at the far east end of Rogers to prevent congestion.

If you see your name on the list but aren't going to make it, let me know. Same goes if your name isn't on the list.

Attendance:
TORX said:
TORX
nw-xj-scott
99Redxjbuilder
mopar440
Bronzewyrm + 3
goblazers_6
GlueNTape +1
Outdoors (w/Believe & Receive)
spikeypuck
WashougalXJ
Hoover
FiveNDime +1?
Avalanche
bloodtype_jeep +2
iceman
m38crawler
Mr.Fister
man>bear>pig
dellstopjeep (w/bigpimipinben)
Shermellow
nrpalmer32
EvanRigged
Hootie
bdr529
feuer895

Lunch Menu:
TORX said:
TORX: Couple packs of hot dogs and buns
Bronzewyrm: Fruit Salad and Chicken Wings
GlueNTape: Chips, Brats, Hot Links, Buns, Sauerkraut, Mustard, Paper Products, Trash Bags
Spikeypuck: Cupcakes
nw-xj-scott: Cooler full of soda
Iceman: Hotdogs, Buns, Soda and Gatorade
FiveNDime: Condiments and Brownies
Desert4WD: Munchies
JustMe: Chicken and/or Pork
Atitude: Drinks

North End Convoy: Meeting at the entrance parking lot at PIR, meet at around 7:30 and be on the road at 8:00 sharp.
FiveNDime said:
FiveNdime +1?
TORX
Iceman
Avalanche
M38Crawler
goblazers_6
dellstopjeep
Hootie
GlueNTape
feuer895
Outdoors (w/Believe & Receive)
Mr.Fister
EvanRigged
WashougalXJ

We also have a south end convoy meeting at the Costco on Mission St. (Hwy22) in Salem at 6am. Contact Bronzewyrm for details.

For the guys on the west side, Bloodtype_Jeep has a few rigs meeting at the Cornelius Pass Chevron at 8am. Contact Bloodtype_Jeep if you're interested in joining.

Simple Trail Expectations:
TORX said:
-Leave the alcohol at home and off the trail.
-Make an effort to keep the language in check.
-Always keep the person behind you in sight. This means at turns wait for them. If we all do this, nobody should ever become separated form the group.
-Give the person in front of you plenty of space on the trail. This becomes important on hills and obstacles, in case they need to backup.
-If you see quads or motorcycles behind you, pull off at the next avaiable spot to let them pass.
-Slow down when entering staging areas or campgrounds (please keep your speed down when entering Rogers in the morning; there will be a lot of people there).
-Lastly, STAY ON THE DESIGNATED TRAIL! If you're hung up on an obstacle ask for some help rather than creating your own bypass around it.

Link to TSF OHV area map.
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/docs/0...HVGuidemap.pdf

Link to other dealers for the ORV Permits. Make sure you pick up an ORV Permit either before hand, or at the Gales Creek Shell on the way.
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/permit_vendors.shtml

Info on the permits.
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/Permits.shtml

I think that's about it. :cool:

Last edited:
I was wondering if any of you could bring a tire pump that hooks up to your battery that we can air up tires with it would be a great idea to do so. I will bring my air along but if we have 30 rigs to fill its gonna take forever with a few pumps.:shocked:

There's air @ the Shell station you'll be passing on the way up there... so on the way back to civilization, if you have not already aired-up, there ya go... costs 50 cents, don't last very long, but ya know... plus it's not a huge deal to do it when ya get back home... have run 11 pounds in 35's on my former TJ with no ill effects, and it's a 90 mile one-way trip for me! Just sayin'...

I was wondering if any of you could bring a tire pump that hooks up to your battery that we can air up tires with it would be a great idea to do so. I will bring my air along but if we have 30 rigs to fill its gonna take forever with a few pumps.:shocked:

There's air @ the Shell station you'll be passing on the way up there... so on the way back to civilization, if you have not already aired-up, there ya go... costs 50 cents, don't last very long, but ya know... plus it's not a huge deal to do it when ya get back home... have run 11 pounds in 35's on my former TJ with no ill effects, and it's a 90 mile one-way trip for me! Just sayin'...
I know Torx has OBA. if you need it im sure he is willing to show it off a little. But be cautious. once you see someone elses OBA system. it will make you go home and make one yourself.

Back