• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF - 3/5

well I'm going to stop at McDonald's in north plains at around 8:15ish for some breakfast. You can meet me there. You can't miss it. It's right off hwy. 26. It's the only mcdonalds passed hillsburrito. here's the addy.
9975 Northwest Glencoe Roadhttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
North Plains, OR 97133

Call me if you have any questions. 3603568684. matter a fact shoot me a text message so i can save your number in case i need to call you.

yes.... could do that... but....

Scott + Fire = :explosion

Plus he's gotten really good at the ratchet strap method
icon10.gif

Only time Scott does the flame method is when his wife does it for him.

Are you guys ready to wheel and maybe shoot a couple of guns. I will probably bring my AR and my glock I do not have alot of ammo for the AR but I figured it would be fun to shoot off a few rounds. :)

Batteries charged raingrear packed. I"m ready to ride (oh yeah, my work schedule changed, I'll be riding with Jason tomorrow)

Trip report for TSF do not go unless you have big wide sipped tires and a light foot or alot of horse power. On a side note Dustins XJ did just fine. :wow:

No pictures or trip report? I wanted to head up Thursday if conditions were halfway decent...headed up with a co-worker in a cherokee on 31's open/open.

I take it from the above comments that the snow is dry and deep?

the bronco guy that helped me get home said it was drier the higher you got, but you had to go through the deep wet and slushy ish to get there

That makes sense probably have more sun up top to melt the snow and a little air movment to also help dry it out. The snow we were in will not hang around long it was doing a pretty good job of melting while we were playing with you Jeep Aaron

No pictures or trip report? I wanted to head up Thursday if conditions were halfway decent...headed up with a co-worker in a cherokee on 31's open/open.

I take it from the above comments that the snow is dry and deep?
I'll get what few pics I did take uploaded late tonight. Nightfoam should have a complete documentary released early next year.

The conditions were very surprising. The snow around the lower elevations had melted off quite a bit in the last few day (40deg temps). This made for some very wet and heavy snow. Certain sections required wheel speed to chew through it (on trail), but for the most part the ticket was low PSI, and very slow speed (gearing helps a lot), which is typical for most snow. Unfortunately a freak CPS failure ended our day.

Well I'm off the trails for a month or so. Gotta get some newer tires and some armor. That's what sucks so bad because this was my last run for a while. I am very thankful for everyone who was there to help me. I won't forget it.

Back