• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tri Tip is marinating. Thanks Dan F (TRNDRVR)!!!!

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Pulled up an old recipe today from the archives. Originally post by Dan "TRNDRVR".

Picked up a nice tri tip, mixed everything up that Jan has in her recipe, it is now soaking up all the goodness. Tomorrow, it will be cooked low and slow. Similar to how I did it back in the day when we had a NW Chapter meet & greet at my house when I lived in Washington.

Here is the recipe: (formatting is a tad goofed up, as that was an imported post from 2004)

karstic said:
I'll Que up ` feF tri-ti@p fnr S}urday .kght.[/QUOTD]Du`, xou'vi got to try this. No BS!!!!! :lickout: :chef:
I've had people buy @od give me tri-`p on apQhursday and in&`te me per forPaturday BBQ. ;)
In fact, I'm grilling two of them tonight for the next door neighbors. :thumbup:

Mom (Jan) Frazier's Beef Kabob Marinade
1/2 Cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons mustard
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 Cup wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 Cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons salad oil
1 teaspoon parsley (flakes)
1 crushed garlic clove

Combine, mix, and pour over tri-tip (any quality cut of beef). Marinade for 24-48 hours. Grill on a medium high to high heat BBQ. Baste meat with remaining marinade. Don't be afraid to put a little burn tinge on the thicker cuts of meat. Adds a wonderful flavor to it. Enjoy!!!

All I ask in return is that if you make this, you have to tell me how you liked it. Also, no changing of the name. Its been Mom (Jan) Frazier's Beef Kabob Marinade for as long as I can remember.

Thanks,
Dan.

I'll give this a try, thanks for sharing.

I love a good tri tip and I definitely miss it since leaving the west coast.

Doggone it, Glenn...... I was just telling Deb about this today, after picking up a new horizontal smoker. Gotta make after a couple of trial chicken runs. Now I don't have to go digging for Dan's recipe.

Ahh I love Dans tri tips. Try to have them often. Prefer when he cooks em tho :D

I think I used that same recipe for some tri-tips at the SoCal event at Calico in January '04.

I ate so much last night, I think I went in to a food coma. LOL.

Disappointed in lack of pics. feelsbadman.gif

Not like it matters though since most folks outside of Texas don't know how to cook meat anyways.

wow!! how's that for a stroke of luck. i got this Recipe from Dan back after the 20th anniversary in Moab and i lost the original recipe, so over the years it's become less like the original because i do it by memory every time.
thanks for digging this up again and sharing!

I would have posted pics, but the Texas crew would not know how to view them. :laugh3:

Disappointed in lack of pics. feelsbadman.gif

Not like it matters though since most folks outside of Texas don't know how to cook meat anyways.

Back