• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets swap recipes fellas!!!!! Raz me if you want, but the guys who know better.......

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
will vouch for me. ;) You know who you are. Please post in my defense. :D
This swapping of recipes thing take the manhood right out of this forum.

I've been told I serve a pretty mean tri-tip and have been asked to share my marinade recipe. Actually it's not mine, but my mothers. Instead of PM'ing those who have asked for it, I thought I would share with everybody. So here it goes;

Mom (Jan) Frazier's Beef Kabob Marinade
1/2 Cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons mustard
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 Cup wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons worchestershire sauce
1/4 Cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons salad oil
1 teaspoon parsley (flakes)
1 crushed garlic clove

Combine, mix, and pour over tri-tip (any quality cut of beef). Marinade for 24-48 hours. Grill on a medium high to high heat BBQ. Baste meat with remaining marinade. Don't be afraid to put a little burn tinge on the meat. Adds a wonderful flavor to it. Enjoy!!!

All I ask in return is that if you make this, you have to tell me how you liked it. Also, no changing of the name. Its been Mom (Jan) Frazier's Beef Kabob Marinade for as long as I can remember.

I want to thank those who have enjoyed this enough to asked for it, and I wish that everybody and their families have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Dan.
PS PaulS, I guess you can try it on Tofu. :confused:

My recipe:
Food (with NOOO cheese!)
+
Beer

LOL with momma working 4 to Midnight, I get to play Chef Tell pretty regularly... and I rarely dissapoint myself.

Generic Carnivore meat recipie

1: Drink (whiskey & beer, nothing to fear)

2: Wash & pat dry meat with paper towels (optional if water & towels handy)

3: Tinkle with garlic salt, seasoned salt, butter flavored salt, Mrs Dash, black pepper, Fork it in.

4: Let sit for 0-5 hours depending on the drinking or other distractions.

5a Beef or pork: Broil till charred on the outside, bloody on the inside.

5b Poultry: rotisserize until it falls off the spit.

6: Garnish with table salt. Serve with microwave macaroni or potatos and fresh, frozen or canned veggie of choice. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My generic fish recipe:

1: Drink (see above)

2: Open 2 cans tuna (watch those sharp edges) Drain & dump in mixing bowl or old Cool Whip Tub. If you have cats, get a solid visual on who's cans you are opening. My tuna cans don't have pull tabs. YMMV.

3: Add 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup minced sweet onion, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 2 tsp relish, 1 tsp hot sauce. Stir/mash until well blended. refrigerate.

4: see meat recipie.

5: Toast 4 slices of bread to desired char level, spoon mixture onto bread. Garnish with **** pickle spears. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Generic Pizza recipie:

1: Drink (duh)

2: Preheat oven to 450, Oil pre-made crust with olive oil, place on cookie sheet, shred mozzarella & cheddar cheeses.

3: Spread pre-made sauce upon crust. Tinkle with spices as in #3 meat recipie, layer with pepperoni & mushrooms. Add cheese until heaping. sprinkle with bacon bits and table salt.

4: Cook until crust and cheese is dark brown & volcanoey (disregard #4 above...gotta babysit with this one)

5: Allow to cool 5 min. before slicing and eating. Garnish with table salt & crushed red pepper if ya like hot morning a$$. Enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rolleyes:

Woody

I'm a horses doveries type :D and like to make fast ones. One of my favorites is:
cheddar n horseradish dip, simple 65/35 or 75/25 blend of sharp cheddar and strong fresh horseradish mixed together, makes a nice spread on water crackers, I don't use flavored crackers as I don't like to steal the flavor of the chedder or the bite :D

Second is 'Pigs-in-a-blanket''
One or two tubes of 'pilsbury crescent rolls' I use pure beef hot dogs from a local meat market with natural casings that I ask them to make a 'little spicey', pop the tube and roll out the crescent rolls which are triangle shaped and attach two triangles for a square, roll the dogs inside the crescent dough and press them shut on the seam, cut into 1" or 2" pieces on a sprayed baking pan and about 20 min @ 450F [brown to taste] in the oven, remove , serve with some honey mustard to dip them in and thats it.

Chef Bastid's Marinara Sauce

4 large cloves of garlic
4 tablespoons of OLIVE oil
1 tablespoon of Basil
1 Teaspoon of ground pepper
1 14oz can of DICED tomatos
1 4pz can of tomato SAUCE

Slice garlic, sautee (NOT BURN) garlic in oil, basil and pepper.
Add tomatos and sauce and simmer for 15 minutes and Voila..... yew have an authentic NYC ginzo's marinara good over pasta and as a pizza sauce... Don't forget.... When the garlic turns brown, its burned and it will impart a bitter taste.

Bastids secret recipe for Flap Jack-Offs tew follow :D :D :D

Beezil said:
I just got the cookbook "Bastid Barbeque"

spicey.

And don't forget my special SmegBiscuits :D :D :D

Stew -
sixpack of Lucky Lager
Oldest meat in the freezer (that ain't turned colour yet...)
Spuds, carrots, other veggies according to tastes.
Black pepper, garlic cloves (crushed,) and others as desired.

I know it sounds nasty, but the Lucky Lager will soften the meat considerably, and that makes this a good way to clean beef out of the freezer. Cook the meat in the crock pot for about 12 hours on low, and the veggies and such the second day. Should simmer gently for at least 18 hours, all told...

Steaks -
Nice NY strip - doesn't have to be great, but good.
2 bottles Samuel Adams per three steaks.
Crushed/minced garlic, cracked black pepper, lemon.

Rub steaks with cracked black pepper and minced garlic, crushed parsley and basil can be added as well. Put in shallow bowl and pour beer over meat, leave in fridge AT LEAST overnight.

Cook over low flame on BBQ, pouring remaning beer and marinade over meat while cooking. Getting "almost well" done over a low flame produces commendable results here.

That's a couple I like...

5-90

Grandma Lucille's Hot Chicken

1 fryer, cooked and removed from bone
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Large bag of Doritos Corn Chips
2 tbsp. jalepeno pepper, chopped
velveeta cheese

Mix two cans soup, 2 cans water. Heat to boiling and add pepper, simmer. Line 9x 13 pan with doritos, cover with chicken in layers, then pour soup evenly over chicken/chips to cover. Slice velveeta and cover mixture with sliced cheese. Bake in *350 oven til cheese melts.

Can use hotter varieties of doritos/velveta or add more peppers depending on taste. Also, can use presliced Vel. for ease in preperation. One of those dishes that actually tastes better as leftovers, just refrigerate and reheat as needed. Also freezes for later use.

i dont have a recipe to throw in here right now.. but i will definatley give "ma frasier" a big shout for that fine marinade.... thabks for sharing dan!!!
mike

OK, I'm all about good barbeque as weel, but when I used to work as a line cook, I really got into baking. Here is one of the recipies that my old boss taught me.

"Almost better than sex cake"

Chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel topping
1 tub cool whip
2 Heath bars

Make the cake following the directions on the box (I'm super gourmet) in a sheet pan. When you take the cake out of the oven, let it cool for about 10 min. then take a knife and poke holes in the cake about 1/2 inch apart, all over the top. Then drizzle the sweetened condensed milk and the butterscothch syrup all over the cake. Make sure that it runs down into the holes you've made. Then refigerate the cake for several hours. When you are almost ready to serve, cover the top of the cake in cool whip and crush up the heath bars and sprinkle them over the top. Call me a sally if you want, but this cake is damn good. It gets better the longer you let it sit too.

Here is a cheap, quick and easy and very tasty corn recipe. Whenever we go to a pot luck type affair, this is what we bring. We never have to bring any home.

Two regular size (10 oz?) cans white shoepeg corn.
one package cream cheese
about 1/2 cup Pace picante sauce (or whichever brand you prefer)

Dump every thing in a microwave safe bowl. Heat up for a minute in the microwave to soften the cream cheese. Take it out and mix it all together. Put back in microwave and heat. Take it out and serve it up.

RR3

Hey Sally, thanks for sharing. Showed it to the Wife, we are going to try it soon.
Karlm said:
OK, I'm all about good barbeque as weel, but when I used to work as a line cook, I really got into baking. Here is one of the recipies that my old boss taught me.

"Almost better than sex cake"

Chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel topping
1 tub cool whip
2 Heath bars

Make the cake following the directions on the box (I'm super gourmet) in a sheet pan. When you take the cake out of the oven, let it cool for about 10 min. then take a knife and poke holes in the cake about 1/2 inch apart, all over the top. Then drizzle the sweetened condensed milk and the butterscothch syrup all over the cake. Make sure that it runs down into the holes you've made. Then refigerate the cake for several hours. When you are almost ready to serve, cover the top of the cake in cool whip and crush up the heath bars and sprinkle them over the top. Call me a sally if you want, but this cake is damn good. It gets better the longer you let it sit too.

I'm glad that was qualified as "Almost" better than sex - there's not a whole lot that really is (although a good 25,000 free fall comes to mind...)

Oh - for everyone reading this and wondering, there's nothing at all emasculine about guys exchanging recipes - why can't men cook? Women like men who can.

5-90

5-90 said:
Oh - for everyone reading this and wondering, there's nothing at all emasculine about guys exchanging recipes - why can't men cook? Women like men who can.

5-90

BTW, all the best chefs in the world are men.

RR3

I agree...nothing most women like more than a guy whos willing & able to serve up a nice meal for them. Also for the cheapwad...it's usually bunches less $$ than taking them out for fine dining (tho there is a place for that)

Thanks for the recipies...I c & p'd into a Word file for future reference. Keep em coming!

Anyone got a good beef/deer jerky marinade & recipie (soak times & drying time/temp)? I have been hit-or-miss lately, but I just kinda wing it w/o any real plan. Having 4 big convection ovens and a vacuum pot in our lab has advantages beyond boring ole lab work.

[edit] I once made a "from scratch" cheesecake, not counting the springform pan, I had like $20 bux into the damn thing...and it ended up being not much better than the Jello No-Bake boxed kind...Arrgh![/edit]

I love fried foods and yes, I show it. Fried onions, either deep fried or in a skillet, are my favorite. After having one of these at the "Outback" I searched and tried a bunch till I found this one that compares the best. Will usually do this first to make sure the temp is right before doing a turkey or bird in the fryer pot. Vadalia's are by far the best IMO.

Blooming Onion

Dipping Sauce
1/2-cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons ketchup
2 tablespoons cream-style horseradish
1/4-teaspoon paprika
1/4-teaspoon salt
1/8-teaspoon dried oregano
Dash ground black pepper
Dash cayenne pepper

The Onion
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1 jumbo sweet yellow or white onion (3/4 pound or more)
Vegetable oil for frying

Prepare the dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a
small bowl. Keep the sauce covered in your refrigerator until needed.
Beat the egg and combine it with the milk in a medium bowl big enough
to hold the onion. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt,
peppers, paprika, oregano, thyme, and cumin. Now it's time to slice
the onion - this is the trickiest step. First slice 3/4 inch to 1 inch
off the top and bottom of the onion. Remove the papery skin. Use a
thin knife to cut a 1-inch diameter core out of the middle of the
onion. Now use a very sharp, large knife to slice the onion several
times down the center to create the "petals" of the completed onion.
First slice through the center of the onion to about three-fourths of
the way down. Turn the onion 90 degrees and slice it again in an "x"
across the first slice. Keep slicing the sections in half, very
carefully, until you've cut the onion 16 times. Do not cut down to the
bottom. The last 8 slices are a little hairy, just use a steady hand
and don't worry if your onion doesn't look like a perfect flower.
It'll still taste good. Spread the "petals" of the onion apart. The
onion sections tend to stick together, so you'll want to separate them
to make coating easier. To help separate the "petals" plunge the onion
into boiling water for 1 minute, and then into cold water. Dip the
onion in the milk mixture, and then coat it liberally with the dry
ingredients. Again separate the "petals" and sprinkle the dry coating
between them. Once you're sure the onion is well coated, dip it back
into the wet mixture and into the dry coating again. This double
dipping makes sure you have a well-coated onion because some of the
coating tends to wash off when you fry. Let the onion rest in the
refrigerator for at least 15 minutes while you get the oil ready.
Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep pot to 350 degrees F. Make sure you
use enough oil to completely cover the onion when it fries. Fry the
onion right side up in the oil for 10 minutes or until it turns brown.
When the onion has browned, remove it from the oil and let it drain on
a rack or paper towels.

Back