• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trashed XJ in Nashville

Well, I sold the Jeep and the Dodge. It was a tuff. But the bills are paid, in full. The friend I sold the Jeep to, is already talking about but axels from a 1 ton pickup on it. I will still be able to borrow it from time to time.

I replaced them with a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It call with 4" spacers on the axel spring perches. This will be primarily a daily driver. I already have new ball joint and U joints to put in it. The brake parts are on order for all 4 wheels. The body is rust and dent free. As I get pictures and some work done on it, I'll get a new tread started. Will be needing advice in the near future, as what to look out for, before I have issues that will cause a break down.

Well, I sold the Jeep and the Dodge. It was a tuff. But the bills are paid, in full. The friend I sold the Jeep to, is already talking about but axels from a 1 ton pickup on it. I will still be able to borrow it from time to time.

I replaced them with a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It call with 4" spacers on the axel spring perches. This will be primarily a daily driver. I already have new ball joint and U joints to put in it. The brake parts are on order for all 4 wheels. The body is rust and dent free. As I get pictures and some work done on it, I'll get a new tread started. Will be needing advice in the near future, as what to look out for, before I have issues that will cause a break down.

4" spacers? I want to see pics

4" spacers? I want to see pics

20130724_181036.jpg

20130724_181129.jpg

The old rims from the XJ I sold. BF Goodrich all terrain 235/75R15LTs. New rotors, calipers, wheel bearings, and balls joints on the front axle. Previous owner installed urethane bushings and tie rods. Still needs sway bar links. Need to determine the condition of the track bars on both acles and the rest of the rear suspension. New 2inch receiver was also installed.

20130729_190542.jpg

You haven't removed that scary shit on the axles yet?

Not yet. I'm still acquiring tools for that job. I did locate a pair of axles, incase their is to much damage to the original spring perches. I'm tempted to just swap them anyway. The axles I found are off an 1997 ZJ with 4 wheel disk brakes.

Back