• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transporting water, your ideas?

I've done a bunch of shopping, good news. Looks like I can afford this project but I'm still in the dark on safely mounting the pvc...
Three places I've been to have no suggestions on mounting.

As for pressurizing, $20 for a Schrader Valve Assembly, Yeeesh...

Find some large diameter u bolts, mount them where the nut itself is inside the vehicle. Then cut the threaded part down enough so the headliner will fit without rubbing. Also use thicker metal plates to reinforce the roof where you mount the u bolt.

Saw this on an electrical vehicle, that it how they had large diameter tubing mounting to the roof, thought of this thread. If done right, should work just fine.

Find some large diameter u bolts, mount them where the nut itself is inside the vehicle. Then cut the threaded part down enough so the headliner will fit without rubbing. Also use thicker metal plates to reinforce the roof where you mount the u bolt.

Saw this on an electrical vehicle, that it how they had large diameter tubing mounting to the roof, thought of this thread. If done right, should work just fine.

SAY WHAT?
drill through my roof???
No.

How would I secure the 4ft long 4inch PVC to my standard gutter mount thule rack?

Don't do this. Use the ubolts to go through your rack and you'll be good to go. That's how electricians and such do it.

yeah, dont mount a piece of pvc to the actual roof... Go outside and look at the leaf spring mounts on the rear axle of the jeep, do that.

You could get away with using the smaller diameter sticks of all thread at the hardware store, you could most likely bend it yourself, cut them to length, run a steel plate with two bolts and have that holding it to the rack. do that on the front and back with one mount each and forget about it

just dont go too big on the pipe
Union-1-300x225.jpg

Just adding another couple options here! I have a friend that used a stainless water softener tank for his he charges it with his compressor to the pressure he wants and it gets warm enough to shower also. My vote would be a motorhome plastic tank you can get from a surplus motorhome store or a salvage yard. We have a surplus RV store near here that charges for new tanks $1.00 a gallon black, grey, or clear. Pick up an rv water pump or you can charge it with air at a very low pressure 5- 10 pounds or gravity feed!

Back