• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer this.....

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I have to replace my T-Case in my ride, 1994 XJ 4.0L NP231, there is a guy near me that sells Jeep Parts and as 2 avalible, I want to know will anyone of these be okay for my Jeep?

I Have Two T-case's available
1) NP207 from a 87 YJ 4 CYL 21 Spline Input
2) NP231 from a 90 YJ 4 CYL 21 Spline Input

Both these T-cases Have 2 HI, 4 HI and 4 Low...

Any info and suggestions will be awsome, thanks!

GQJeeper

You left out the most important facts. What tranny do you have and what spline count does it have? You need to do some research because even the manuals had different spline counts in different years.

I have a 5sp, not sure which type, however it does not have the towing package and has the Chrysler 8.25 rear end with nice 3.07's

I found out that I have the 23 spline, hope that is better, if not I will go and see what tranny I gots....lol

GQ

First off, the NP207 has a different configuration for the front driveshaft and is about an inch shorter than the stock NP231. It is also not quite as strong as the NP231.

Back