• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case skids

XJ_ranger said:
dont have too much of a problem with it - protects well enough, just wish that i had saved $$$ and bought a better product...
I think we all could use some more of that. Thanks for the pic, I see what you mean.

XJ_ranger said:
so now instead of rocks hitting the t-case, they will hit the skid, and the skid will fold into the t-case?

not to bash on your design too hard - but what prevents the 1/4" plate from bending? 15" of unsuported 1/4" plate with a 2 ton weight on top - ...

add some plate along the side to keep it from folding and add another support on the other side maybe?

Don't worry abot it I consdier it constructive critisim any help I can get the better this is my first foray into nuilding custom structural stuff for my jeep. I used to wo0rk at a machine shop when I was in high school and fabbed some stuff so I know what gusseting is and I can see your point about the right side of the plate folding up into the T-case at the time I just couldn't come up with a good way to get around the cat w/out a huge tangly mess of steel running all over the place.

kscherokee said:
fatwreck ... What did that run ya? Then do you have to modify the axle for it to hook up, or did the arms bolt on to the stock location?

Staight from www.tntcustoms.com ....The belly pan that is similar to mine without the long arms is $279.95. The crossmember without the tcase skid is $99.95.

And the entire thing with the long arms is $899.95. It's completely bolt on, so you do not have to modify the axle to hook it up. The arms bolt into the stock holes.

You can see here where I put the weight of the vehicle on it:
DSC03550.jpg

Jes said:
Write ups? No.
It's Just 3"X3"X.188" angle stock with a couple notches in it to follow the stock "frame" rails. A bunch of grinding, some welding, and voila you have a "farme" that will no longer crush in.
That's just about what I thought the write up would consist of.... anyways, thanks for the info.

Back