• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans In limp mode

ok i check my speedo,Its a speedo cable . is there still a speedo sensor on the drivers side of the transmission. Plus i do not have a speedo gage dose not work in the dash.Im still going to check the TPS sensor cause of its age.

ok i check my speedo,Its a speedo cable . is there still a speedo sensor on the drivers side of the transmission. Plus i do not have a speedo gage dose not work in the dash.Im still going to check the TPS sensor cause of its age.

There should be a sensor on the tranny itself that just goes to the trans computer as I mentioned. On the speedo cable in the xfer case, I believe on a 1990 its just the cable to drive the speedometer. If you think about it the trans computer needs to know how fast the tranny output is turning and not how fast the vehicle is going, since that can change depending on the xfer case being in hi or low.

-Chris

Back