• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trade 96 Silverado z71 ext cab for XJ

Damn mike.... :).

Well, xj guy bailed and sold it this evening... But I have some not so good news for you xj guys... Looks like I'm "surfTJsnow" again. Talked to a guy last night that had a 99' TJ 4.0 with hard top and full hard doors with only 100k. Said he might be interested in a trade due to him going into business for himself and needing a truck. I didn't think much of it due to the fact that the silverado had 218k on it and was worth at least 3 grand less than his TJ. Well, he wad persistent so I met him in Denver tonight and within 15 mins I had his title in my hands.

Started off with a 2600 dollar xj 3 months ago, now I have a 7k dollar TJ. You really can't blame me. It's got new 31's, stock suspension, hard top, full steel doors with roll up windows, and low miles. Engine runs like a top. I can't lie, I'm excited to build this thing up.

Bash away:)

Last edited:
As long as you drive it up eagle rock all by your lonesome I'll be happy. Lol

Hey now... I did Saran wrap.... Now I've got my little buddy Dillon to ride shot gun. I can't load pics up if the tj, but the ads still on craigslist. Just type in "jeep trade truck" and it's the second one down, listed for 5900 I think. It's white with white hardtop (which is getting painted black ASAP).

Ok, let's take a stroll down memory lane.........

Yes, the TJ was fun for a while, but for a family on a budget, it is definately not practical. :twak:

Now, 10 years later, here i am with a beautiful TJ... Now i just wonder.... why now?! why when I just had a kid? why cant I just have my damn wrangler?! why do my fiances parents, my parents, and just about everyone i know tell me I would be a HORRIBLE parent if i drove my new born child around in a TJ?

Why do I want another XJ? I loved my old one, It was comfy, safe, and reliable, and warm. I also hate driving my truck for any reason other than WORK. This is why I would like both of my vehicles to be "baby seat friendly".

Bets on how long THIS TJ lasts? :D

weak........now you need to deregister here and go chill over at colo4x4 with the other TJ dbags.......haha....j/k man, Im looking forward to the pics.

I'm impressed. I've never heard you be such a smart ass lol.

But trade it for a kick ass 'xj'. Seriously. Get temp tags and just trade it across. You'll have bargaining power on your side.

216k miles on the body though!?

I mean don't get me wrong, I would have done that Deal in a Heartbeat too but does that mean everything but the engine has that many miles? and how can he prove that the engine was swapped?

I've got documentation on the new engine and trans. The guy who this guy bought it from blew it and had a new one replaced by a stealership. Also, the whole front ends been replaced, steering, shocks, tie rods, and I'm guessing drive train. Odomoters are never a good estimate on the condition of a jeep in my mind, especially when half the jeeps been replaced.

And Troy, I no longer have a job that requires me to need a truck which had alot to do with those previous posts of mine. This jeep is also a hard top with hard doors, which means alot to the wifey. My old tj had soft doors and a beat to he'll soft top that flapped like crazy. This tj is quiet, has a hard roof and roll bars in case of an accident, I see no difference between a hard top/hard door tj and an Xj when it comes to safety, but again, I'll leave it up to you to prove me wrong. ;)

this things staying around for a while. It's everything good about a wrangler, minus the loud soft top and zip up windows. But if the right Xj came along, I have no idea what I'd do, prob just depends on one of my many personalities at the given time. :).

Well, xj guy bailed and sold it this evening... But I have some not so good news for you xj guys... Looks like I'm "surfTJsnow" again. Talked to a guy last night that had a 99' TJ 4.0 with hard top and full hard doors with only 100k. Said he might be interested in a trade due to him going into business for himself and needing a truck. I didn't think much of it due to the fact that the silverado had 218k on it and was worth at least 3 grand less than his TJ. Well, he wad persistent so I met him in Denver tonight and within 15 mins I had his title in my hands.

Started off with a 2600 dollar xj 3 months ago, now I have a 7k dollar TJ. You really can't blame me. It's got new 31's, stock suspension, hard top, full steel doors with roll up windows, and low miles. Engine runs like a top. I can't lie, I'm excited to build this thing up.

next time we go to eagle rock follow my stocker and i will tow you through to hard spots :>{)))

do I need to go drag up all of the quotes from your prior TJ threads about how you wanted an XJ again, it just wasn't practical with Dillon, blah, blah, blah -- man, your short term memory is worse than mine.:greensmok

Oh leave the kid alone, he just suffers from the same vehicle ADD most of us suffer from or have suffered from. I'm sure this TJ will turn out great for him and if not then he can just sell it off and dump money into something else like many of us have done numerous times.

That being said, you should swap in a YJ front-end so as to help hide the fact you've got a Toy Jeep designed specifically for cheerleaders. :D

Back