• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

toyota 8"???

Lincoln said:
Fuel90, did your axle have the lever actuated e-brake or a cable running into the backing plate like a stock axle? How did you make it work?Lincoln

i have two cables to the back plates like stock. the cables were way long, so ended up cutting off what i didn't need and then looped the cable through the stock e-brake bracket. then i used two cable clamps on each side to hold it all together. works great!

as for finding spares, i feel your pain. i have a pdf parts list, and you have to know every stinking little detail of what model the axle came from. if you don't, you run the risk of getting the wrong part.

Last edited:
Fuel90 said:
i have two cables to the back plates like stock. the cables were way long, so ended up cutting off what i didn't need and then looped the cable through the stock e-brake bracket. then i used two cable clamps on each side to hold it all together. works great!

I was hoping that would work. One of these days I'll have to put that spare axle in something.

Lincoln said:
Brett used one so I'll let him answer fully, but I believe they are saying there isn't enough room for a spring perch on the narrow axles. If those won't fit than the spacers don't do much good.

correct. there was barely enough room with the 58.5" Toy axle to get a spring perch on with my MJ, and on an XJ the leafs mount even wider. a spacer won't help.

Back