• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Converter

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
I cant seem to find a torque converter for my xj anywhere. I tried kragen, Car Quest, Auto Zone, all the online stores i know, every junkyard in my county, ebay. I've run out of options. Does anyone have any other suggestion? its for a 97 cherokee sport 4x4 4.0 auto. I think it'll work from 89 to 01, the AW4. Thanks!

Did some online searching without success.

How about checking with some rebuilders?

Did you try the JY on black rd?

i tried a shop on black road. cant rememver which one. I tried craigslist. Hey tiger got a paypal account? I can send you money for shipping. PM me if you want.

whats wrong with the torque converter that you already have?

theres gotta be a better option than shipping a torque conver across the country. those suckers are heavy.

checked out car-part.com. it says:
South Bay Auto Wreckers, Inc. USA-CA(Chula-Vista) Request_Quote 1-877-722-3138
they have one for $125. try and talk them down.

whats wrong with the torque converter that you already have?.

well if you look at my old thread "TRANSMISSION BLEW HELP!" lol, it explains it all.

Just curious, where in AG do you live? I live in the area.

Right by AJ spurs. North 12th street on Margarita Ave.

Im on atlantic city, off 16th.. but usually at my GF's house in Nipas.

no pick-a-parts around you? the one here charges 19.99 for a torque converter and has lots of XJs.

ive checked every pick a part in san luis obispo county and santa barbara county. 20 bucks!!! any chance me sending you cash through paypal? i dont think it would cost anymore then 20 bucks for shipping through usps.

K i just got ahold of the guy selling the 98 tranny and t-case. I asked him if he would sell the tranny seperate and he said no he wants to sell it all together. So im debating on whether or not to buy it for 400 and just sell my t-case, or keep looking. I got 160,000 miles on my jeep now and this tranny only has 90,000 miles on it. It seems to be worth it

400 for everything is a good deal if it is in good condition.

Back