• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tornado Chasers on the Discovery channel?

Haha, since when do tornadoes wait for bladder problems? In the intro did you guys see all those recreational storm chasers? I would love to go out there for a week and just chase storms around to watch them.

New ones started yesterday?? I just searched for this thread so I could post up that its back on but you beat me! Im watching an old episode then some greatest chases episode, is there a new one though?

I believe the first '10 episode is replaying right now.

edit- It's a best-of, it just has a few clips from '10. It is pretty entertaining though.

Last edited:
They tested them both up to 250 mph on mythbusters. The TIVII didn't budge but it bent the two rams that drive into the the ground that were rated at 9500 lbs. each. The other one slid like a hockey puck.

Did they ever(collectively) pull their heads out and straighten out the drive train/suspension, or is is still a rolling repair bill?

We're on, Im guessing the second episode of the season? Was there anything I missed in the first episode?

Damage in Mississippi looks pretty significant, their lack of any kind of safety or first aid training is pretty surprising to me. There might be one of their crew cpr certified but still, that's not a whole lot of help in the scheme of things. Is their medic usually right with them and it just so happens he fell behind this time?

Edit: The girl in the bed of the truck and the guy in the debris of the house was pretty graphic.

Last edited:
XXXX, I forgot to record the episode so I'm only getting the second half of it and have to wait to watch the first half.

Its been a few episodes since this thread was brought up but that past few episodes have been really good. I never knew the one meteorologist had killed himself until the show aired so that was an unfortunate surprise. They have gotten into some crazy situations lately.

quote of the night, Sean- "I'd give my right nut to be there"

Yeah I agree about Josh Wurman, he has always come off as a jackass and for him to get pissed about the TIV passing cars when they were obviously going way too slow is ridiculous, it's not like they were being crazy. If I saw an opportunity to pass I would too. Once Josh said they wouldn't guide the TIV i would have taken his instruments off the TIV and left them there. It goes both ways. I don't like Reed Timmer either, why don't he just steal some more ideas.

Back