• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Lift or Not

Not necessarily but I do agree its 2wd, unless you plan on converting to 4wd or running in JeepSpeed races there really is no reason to lift.

Yes, it is necessarily worse, because the control arms force the tires to go FORWARD over bumps, instead of straight back and rearward. If anyone says the ride is better or the same, it's just that they aren't noticing it. I guarantee it's putting more stress on the unibody and transmitting more force

Yes, it is necessarily worse, because the control arms force the tires to go FORWARD over bumps, instead of straight back and rearward. If anyone says the ride is better or the same, it's just that they aren't noticing it. I guarantee it's putting more stress on the unibody and transmitting more force

Just wondering here - have you actually ridden in an Xj with the 2" OME kit? When I gave my truck the bird :)D), I found it was at least comparable to OEM.

Ignore the 4WD only bigotry!

If you want to retain street ride quality go with a 2" lift with good shocks, OME is a great choice for this. If nothing else it will look better than stock. A 2WD is great for trail running and back-country exploring. Improved ground clearance and armor is often more valuable than having 4WD. A lift will allow you to get to more places. Limited slip or a locker in the rear will allow you to get to even more. I have done many 4WD ONLY trails with out ever shifting the TC out of 2WD.

Before you swap out the shocks, you better have a center punch, drill, and sharp drill bits handy. You are going to break off the rear shock upper bolts. I just did this and had to drill through the bolts, all the way into the trunk so I could drop new bolts in and fasten them with washers. The good thing.... I can now fit a 12mm socket in the holes in the trunk and replace the shocks all day long in about 1/100000th the time it would take me to replace those rusted out bastards again.

Thats what drop brackets are for! :D There is always a way to set up a suspension right.

Back