• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Do List

Oh man, I hope that is what remains of the tire on that rim, and not the lip of the rim that looks all mangled... :doh:

Not bad though, considering what I am sure you put it through in that race...:roflmao::roflmao:

Nope, it's exactly what it looks like - I finished the last half-mile of that lap with no tire at all. :)

(kept getting yelled at from the woods, "YOU LOST A TIRE!!!!". Thanks, I didn't realize.)

It wasn't a beadlock wheel, just a plain steel one. The tire was my spare anyway, and it had been patched on the inside...the patch came off and screwed the deal for both.

Just ordered another tire but I'm thinking it may take up to a week to get here. Time to start some contingency planning. Steering box rebuild kit will be here tomorrow and I might try and get it taken apart tonight.

Anyone have a > 38" tire on a >= 16" 8-lug wheel? :)

Originally Posted by lobsterdmb
Now that NACfest is only 10 days away, it is time to post up my to do list:

Jeep:
1. Finish up and paint 3-link set-up done
2. Longer brake lines done
3. Reinstall seats done
4. Install center limiting strap (waiting for it to come, it will be here on friday) done
5. Paint new Rockers done
6. Give the rig a bath to get all the grinder dust off
7. Grease Jeep and Check fluids done

Tow Rig:
1. Alignment done
2. Rotate Tires done

Jeep is pretty much ready to load on the trailer.

I don't have much of a "to do" list anymore.

to do
trim new fenders and install- trimmed and painted installing tomorrow
relocate battery
install oba
get a new IAC- done
align steering- also getting done tommorow
reinstall front skid- reinstalling after alignment
install new hardware in UCA's
maybe trim the rear quarters a little
install drop pitman arm- done

already done
swap in 8.8 with limited slip, discs, and 4:10's
swap in D30 with 4:10's, spartan locker, LCA skids, braced passenger UCA mount, new axle ujoints.
installed hyline hood vents
installed adjustable uppers
installed ZJ tie rod and new drag link

I am almost ready a few more days of solid work then it will be done!

new things to do

change diff fluids
install front bump stop pucks

Well I will be putting in my heavy duty radiator right after work tomorow and then getting ready to pack it up. Dam last minut problem like running hot. Oh well never ends.

1 - buy decent padding and install "new" carpet. Put the interior back together (with me doing the work myself that will take a whole damn month). Done, Done & Done! :party:
2 - replace headliner (Another month since a full length OHC is involved) dragging my feet on this one. Won't be done before NAC fest.
3 - source some decent, cheap 4" coils (got 'em - actually 4.5") somewhere & maybe some leafs (then figure out whether my OME Long Travel shocks will still work) well, not so sure now that I want to go that direction ...
4 - get the Swampers mounted, balanced & on the XJ - Done!

The only things left on my list...
Change oil
Buy beer
Not necessarily in that order.

Nope, it's exactly what it looks like - I finished the last half-mile of that lap with no tire at all. :)

(kept getting yelled at from the woods, "YOU LOST A TIRE!!!!". Thanks, I didn't realize.)

It wasn't a beadlock wheel, just a plain steel one. The tire was my spare anyway, and it had been patched on the inside...the patch came off and screwed the deal for both.

Just ordered another tire but I'm thinking it may take up to a week to get here. Time to start some contingency planning. Steering box rebuild kit will be here tomorrow and I might try and get it taken apart tonight.

Anyone have a > 38" tire on a >= 16" 8-lug wheel? :)
i have a 38 that measures 36" its on a 16.5 wheel thats got a awsome 2" of bs

Originally Posted by BillDunn83

to do
trim new fenders and install- trimmed and Installed

relocate battery- probably will not get to this
install oba- missing parts not gonna get done
get a new IAC- done
align steering- getting done tommorow
reinstall front skid- reinstalling after alignment
maybe trim the rear quarters a little- Done

install bump stop pucks
change diff fluid

1 - buy decent padding and install "new" carpet. Put the interior back together (with me doing the work myself that will take a whole damn month). Done, Done & Done! :party:
2 - replace headliner (Another month since a full length OHC is involved) dragging my feet on this one. Won't be done before NAC fest.
3 - source some decent, cheap 4" coils (got 'em - actually 4.5") somewhere & maybe some leafs (then figure out whether my OME Long Travel shocks will still work) well, not so sure now that I want to go that direction ...
4 - get the Swampers mounted, balanced & on the XJ - Done!

Also:
* treated surface rust under the XJ & painted/undercoated everything I could.
* Might change D30 fluid tomorrow before loading on the trailer.
* Ghetto washed the XJ (no soap, just garden hose & a squeegee :D)
* swapped the correct 49 tooth speedo gear in (finally)
* re-installed dash & shifter thingies (boy did I screw those up :laugh3: )
* took the XJ to get the CB wiring re-done so I don't have to keep screwing it onto my rack (drill baby, drill!)

I think I need some more bumpstopping now that I have those 33s. Gonna muscle some hockey pucks in and hope they hold ...

Last edited:
Bought cigars .... check
Bought alcohol .... check
Packed tools .... check
Packed clothes and camping gear .... check
Said prayer that everything goes well ..... double check

I'm pumped. Need to change the oil in the morning, take care of some stuff around the house, and will head out in the early afternoon.

Bought cigars .... check
Bought alcohol .... check
Packed tools .... check
Packed clothes and camping gear .... check
Said prayer that everything goes well ..... double check

AND ONE MORE THING ROLLBACK ON CALL FOR THE RIDE HOME ..... CHECK
:callme:

THINGS TO PACK
engine/tranny/transfer case - PACKED
front and rear driveshafts - PACKED
spare 30 and 35 shafts - PACKED
alternator, starter - can't find em, hoping for the best
96 PS pump, intake, water pump, pulley bracket, belt, thermostat, thermostat/intake/water pump gaskets - PACKED
coolant, oil, trans fluid, brake fluid, spare gas, PS fluid, diff fluid, RTV - PACKED
red toolbox (make sure gasket scraper is inside), toolbag, engine hoist, black electrical toolbox - PACKED
spare brake lines, 1/4" vinyl tubing, trans hose (3/8"), fuel hose (5/16" and 3/8"), injection clamps - PACKED
spare/replacement balljoints & tools - PACKED
spare radiator - PACKED
sleeping bag, hammock, tent, tarp, tent stakes, ropes, pulleys, thin rope, BUG SPRAY - PACKED
trail kit - PACKED
cooking gear (charcoal, lighter fluid, blowtorch, striker, grill, frypan, mixing bowl, ladle, 3/16" brass rod) - packing tonight
breakfast materials, beer, liquor, PB&J, WATER - buying tonight
clothes - packing tonight

INSTALL:
recovery points - going to do this after drinking with the crew friday, should be interesting
CB - same
new air filter - hahaha who cares

Bring for swap:
* headlight bezels for Rob - PACKED
* stuff for johngus and high2by - PACKED
* OHC for Johnny? - packing just in case

Getting closer...

to do
trim new fenders and install- trimmed and Installed
relocate battery- probably will not get to this
install oba- missing parts not gonna get done
get a new IAC- done
align steering- done
reinstall front skid- done
maybe trim the rear quarters a little- Done
install bump stop pucks- gonna do it up there
change diff fluid- done

I am leaving the house at 530ish I am *cough* sick *cough* today.... :D

see you guys up there.

X2 Be there or be square.
128944307540672110.jpg

haha nice. I am half packed up, just need to get out of work & im outta here.

THINGS TO PACK
engine/tranny/transfer case - PACKED
front and rear driveshafts - PACKED
spare 30 and 35 shafts - PACKED
alternator, starter - can't find em, hoping for the best
96 PS pump, intake, water pump, pulley bracket, belt, thermostat, thermostat/intake/water pump gaskets - PACKED
coolant, oil, trans fluid, brake fluid, spare gas, PS fluid, diff fluid, RTV - PACKED
red toolbox (make sure gasket scraper is inside), toolbag, engine hoist, black electrical toolbox - PACKED
spare brake lines, 1/4" vinyl tubing, trans hose (3/8"), fuel hose (5/16" and 3/8"), injection clamps - PACKED
spare/replacement balljoints & tools - PACKED
spare radiator - PACKED
sleeping bag, hammock, tent, tarp, tent stakes, ropes, pulleys, thin rope, BUG SPRAY - PACKED
trail kit - PACKED
cooking gear (charcoal, lighter fluid, blowtorch, striker, grill, frypan, mixing bowl, ladle, 3/16" brass rod) - PACKED except the last 3
breakfast materials, beer, liquor, PB&J, WATER - PACKED not sure where the booze cooler is gonna go, things are getting tight
clothes - PACKED

INSTALL:
recovery points - going to do this after drinking with the crew friday, should be interesting
CB - same
new air filter - hahaha who cares

Bring for swap:
* headlight bezels for Rob - PACKED
* stuff for johngus and high2by - PACKED
* OHC for Johnny? - packing just in case

Getting closer...
so basically the most important things (food, booze) are still left, everything else is packed though.

so basically the most important things (food, booze) are still left, everything else is packed though.

your priorities are askew....

Back