• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Do List

Seems like everyone is almost ready, been quiet. I just need to change some oil,take a last look over everything and start packing.

I gotta throw like 1500lbs of stuff in the jeep... just replaced the unit bearings today in the parking lot at work. I am buying it new balljoints for the passenger side tomorrow (the ones in it right now have some pretty scary play in them, the wheel was flopping back and forth a little when I tightened the lugnuts on it and the knuckle moves up and down about 1/8"!) and then I just gotta put the tow hooks on and build the trailer hitch for the back.

no order, of course beer is #1 priority

Make sure you pack the beer first, so that you dont bring anything you dont need like a change of clothes or a flashlight.

i stopped going thru the mud a while ago but there it was packed up in my drums for a while and i never realized it. anytime i go out their i take the kids down the fire roads

Originally Posted by rweaver138
new to do list
-install front end- DONE
-get u bolts made for d44, install - UBOLTS MADE
-install rock rails - DONE
-get someone to make me some unibody tie ins for my rear bumper -COME ON, ANY TAKERS? (any takers) :D
-change oil/tranny fluid - DONE/DONE
-diagnose/fix TCC code - CODE WENT AWAY
ADD:
-install t-case skid
-remove flowmaster cat back off old jeep, install on new
-install gas tank skid

I'm sure I'll have a new list to take care of next week though. :(

Ooo boy.

29336_609007132909_24800499_35369360_692289_n.jpg

New list:
- get a tire
- beadlock removal/install/etc :(
- steering box rebuild (partial, sector shaft seals & bearing only)

Still gonna try to get up there thursday night, we'll see what happens.

Ooo boy.

New list:
- get a tire

I wanna give you the biggest high five in the world.

get someone to make me some unibody tie ins for my rear bumper -COME ON, ANY TAKERS? (any takers) :D[/I]

If it wasn't needed for NACfest I would offer to help out. I am making some for my rear bumper sooner or later (within a few weeks) and could def throw together a 2nd set of nutstrips along with drill a piece of 1/4" steel for your tie-ins.... but I won't be done this week, sorry. I hope to be working on my tie-ins over the next wkend or so but if you still havent made some (and want to make some) feel free to stop by my place on the 4th of July wkend or later in the following wk (I am taking July 8th & 9th off to work on the Jeep and can give a hand). :thumbup:

On that note, I won't be making it down. Can't get the time off partly due to being so close to end or quarter and partly due to short notice on my part... also I just won't be ready to wheel (not to mention I don't trust my fuel pump and/or trans to make the drive at this point. Both make lots of funny noises after driving for a little while). Or maybe it's my engine and fuel pump.. idk.. either way I don't trust it for a 5+ hour drive. It only makes noises over 2.5k RPMs but I haven't done much highway driving lately so I think I will keep it in MA (or other very local states) until I get a couple weeks of highway driving to/from work under my belt after gear break in and oil change is done at least... or at least until I put a carpet and a stereo in to muffle the funny noises so I don't hear them and/or care about them any more :D

Last edited:
Just spent the weekend getting Bobs rig ready. Gotta love going to managers meeting this morning with grease stained fingers LOL!

Done this weekend:
1. Replace Front & Rear Brakes
2. Replace Power Steering Unit
3. Tune-up (Oil, filter, belt etc)

Considering hacking up and hammering back the rear wheel wells to open them up. Aside from that just have a 3 page list of crap to pack. See ya'll there!

Tim

Ooo boy.

New list:
- get a tire

Oh man, I hope that is what remains of the tire on that rim, and not the lip of the rim that looks all mangled... :doh:

Not bad though, considering what I am sure you put it through in that race...:roflmao::roflmao:

Now that NACfest is only 10 days away, it is time to post up my to do list:

Jeep:
1. Finish up and paint 3-link set-up done
2. Longer brake lines done
3. Reinstall seats done
4. Install center limiting strap (waiting for it to come, it will be here on friday) done
5. Paint new Rockers
6. Give the rig a bath to get all the grinder dust off

Tow Rig:
1. Alignment done
2. Rotate Tires

Updated and gotta add:

7: Grease Jeep and Check fluids

Plan on getting it all done this afternoon before I go to work tonight.

1. Fix bulkhead connector on firewall so truck always runs DONE, and DONE AGAIN (had to replace upper half yesterday)
2. Install HD tie rod Deferred - will carry as spare again
2. Paint/Install JCR TCase Skid DONE
3. Install lift parts (to get from 2" to about 3") Doesn't look like this will get done, just don't have the tools or time to deal with the bushing sleeves/upper rear shackle bolts frozen together
4. Source/install new power antenna DONE
5. Fix power mirror wiring
6. Readjust deflators from 12psi up to 18psi
7. Swap in new headliner/Keyless entry retrofit/new front door seals DONE, DONE, and DONE
8. Repaint/install replacement OEM rear bumper (deferred - will run the bent one for NACFest, save the nicer one for after)
9. Fix horns
10. Fix CB radio antenna DONE
11. Mount cupholder Will do Wednesday AM
12. Install ZJ Shift Knob DONE
13. Fix loose switches on LF door DONE
14. Pack

Back