• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To all of you that traded you Jeep for a Prius in "Cash for Clunkers"

How does this make anyone feel good. Theses are total POS' They dont get the advertised awesome mileage people think they do, they are overpriced, they look like crap, and with all of the batteries; its not environmentally friendly, can we say SOLID WASTE?! Better off with a TDI, or a standard gasser that gets just as good of mileage. Honestly, they have done it right in europe.. small/medium diesel powered vehicles that get great mileage and can tow stuff. Yes, a TDI can tow a boat and still get great mileage.
So far, for 2 years, the TDI has won green car of the year. That's right, a NON-hybrid beat the Prius POS, better ratings than one of the vehicles that is supposed to be the "latest and greatest" thing to help our environment. Last year was the Jetta TDI, this year the Audi TDI. Basically the same as the Jetta/Golf TDI.
My next CAR will be a TDI! THe new TDI cup edition is awesome!

Ah, but with a Prius, you get to LOOK like you care. You're going green. Nevermind that the car will be more expensive to recycle, and leave a bigger mess at the end of its lifespan. But, in this new world, it's 'Symbolism Over Substance'. As long as it looks good, it is. Like Billy Crystal said- 'You look Mahhvalous!'

How does this make anyone feel good,...
Like this.
or this
and eventually this
...,causing bad weather, even stranger behavior, and also affecting your children.

Kinda like Jeeps. :)
Jeeps are a little bit practical as transportation.
Mine has taken me to Oshkosh, the Great salt lake, Grand canyon, Rubicon springs,...
It hauled a 1400lb trailer across the country,....
'Moved two 440 big block (complete, disassembled)and a 727 transmission from Ohio to Lake Charles,...
towed an S-10 Blazer about 20 miles,...
On more then one occasion, it's hauled 4 full sized adults(pretty comfortably, too)

Did you really just admit you almost got stuck in a ski resort parking lot?:roflmao:

i dont recall saying anything about a parking lot... i said middle of the road until help arrived... there's a couple hills that were steep enough and icy enough that if you didnt have momentum and or 4wd it would of been difficult to get up, and you cant get speed for them cuz some were switch backs, so i dont see a problem with what i said...

i would think that its only common sense to use 4wd when your on a icy hill...

Ah, but with a Prius, you get to LOOK like you care. You're going green. Nevermind that the car will be more expensive to recycle, and leave a bigger mess at the end of its lifespan. But, in this new world, it's 'Symbolism Over Substance'. As long as it looks good, it is. Like Billy Crystal said- 'You look Mahhvalous!'
More like looking like dumbasses, when they are on the side of the road, waiting for some fuel from the AAA guy. A friend of mine keeps track of how many Prius' he sees stopped on the side of the road.

On more then one occasion, it's hauled 4 full sized adults(pretty comfortably, too)
Liar! At least two had to have been midgets! :D
Well, I guess I rode fairly comfortably behind my wife, she's only 5'6".

One time I followed a prius up to the ski hill it had chains I was in 2wd and no chains. It seemed to have enough traction but they probably did that thing where they pop their wipers up when they park.

Back