• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Customs U bolt eliminators

91 Jeep Project said:
Go sit on your thumb Justin. And you can quote both of my posts on here. I haven't said ONE word about TnT. It's people like you that bring it up.

You'd better watch out.

Justin will run your ass over with a train.

Last edited:
lol yeah well back to the ubolt emliminators... seems pointless to me. are u bolts that much of an inconvinence? as far as i know, you make your own spring perches, and you incorperate your own lift into them. and xj_ranger has it right on the money. thats the inovation all rigs should have

cant tell by the tnt pic but i sure hope theres a 3rd brace in the center or its going to bend in like the older toyota style u bolt eliminators. ill stick with my u bolts even though they hang down sooooo low i get stuck everytime im at the mall.

Adjusting wheelbase?

Setting proper pinion angle?

Increased lift?

DSCF0011.jpg

So instead of buying these 7" long 5/16" thick perches for $20...

That are 1" taller than oem...

and drilling the center pin hole 1 1/2" from center for adjusting the wheelbase...

and are fully adjustable for pinion angle :)D)...

I could've spent $130?

Wow!

and no more $7 U-bolts?!

Amazing!!!

:gag:

p.s. I really dig their 8.8 truss, but this is a little too bling for my crappy rig

Well, for us guys who can't fabricate a damn thing on our own, it seemed like a good addition to an axle swap that is going to be pricey regardless. Yea sorry for not reading all the posts, just thought it was a good point to bring up.

91 Jeep Project said:
Go sit on your thumb Justin. And you can quote both of my posts on here. I haven't said ONE word about TnT. It's people like you that bring it up.

Touchy, touchy. go take some midol I was just pokn a little fun, you know that. :cheers:

No one mentioned using a stock spring to get 3" lift. Should be a more comfy ride as apposed to stiff AAL springs. I'm at 3.75 now since I replaced my broken front 3.5 springs (Rough Country) and now need to change rear 1.25 shacle w/ 1.5. I was thinking TNT set would have a better ride. My pack has a 2'" full AAL. But then I would still need to make up another .75" . Where did you get those 1" spring perches?

well, I just got my 1 inch U Bolt eliminator and it's pretty beefy. I personally can't bend and fabricate like them, so I'm content to spend the $$$ to get a good product, engineered for us retards. Tell you all about it tomorow.

Phil :canada:

Hey Phil let me know how it goes... I was going to build some for my 8.8 but I'm kinda thinking of just buying some and saving some time.

Who'd you end up buying from that would ship to Canada?

Bought them right from the factory, called them up and they shipped it to me within 4 days. Really quick. Doing the install tonite at my shop, hope my drive shaft is going to be long enough after this...

I'll post a write up on EJC and here.

Oh and I put the BDS 6.5 springs up front, looks massive, finally some breathing room in the fenders...

Phil
:canada:

here we go, forgot the camera when I was working on it, but it wasn't that involved anyway, took like an hour to do the whole thing. Now I just need to figure out the right lenght of shock to get... 16 inches bolt to bolt and 5 inches of up travel.

I got the one inch kit,

jeeprearend001.jpg

Made some BPE's while I was there,(broke two of the bolts...)

jeeprearend005.jpg

Here's how it sits now.
jeeprearend006.jpg

Phil :canada:

the blue shocks are from mu buddy Jeff's half ton GMC parked out back, they bottom out at about an inch of up travel... You can have them back J :) The axle wrap is gone, no more hopping and it feels like a gozillion bucks to drive now.

Back