• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TLowery04 - Cashion Oklahoma

i think my hands must be too big ^.^

hardy har har

100_0723.jpg

100_0724.jpg

100_0721.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0722.jpg

100_0725.jpg

100_0728.jpg

fender was trashed, stepped on it in the grass and it bent

front passenger seat is giving me a hard time, one bolt is stripped

same on the front drivers side door one seized bolt.

and all the rock rail bolts are rusted solid.

and my bumpers both have to be stripped sanded and primered... and i dont know ehre i can do sandblasting so its going to take along time with a sanding wheel and rustoleum.

well, that rig is long gone.

i put the front bumper on my daily, then went out and bought a prius so i could retire my jeep to more suited use than that prissy pavement pounding.

I have used it up and down the roads metal detecting old farms and slinging slop through the pasture.

about two weeks ago i pulled into a parking lot and went i nto look for a new cell phone, and upon my return i found coolant FLOWING out of my engine compartment.

after pulling the air box and replacing the lower radiator hose, and the power steering hoses I pulled the temp sensor, elevated the rear, and refilled the coolant. then refilled the power steering bottle.

I had just started to think everything was peachy when i noticed a steady drip drip drip.

i have a pinhole leak in one of the seams of my radiator.

I am thinking with the body work that needs to be done, maybe replacing one or two hoses, and this radiator issue, It may be time to upgrade to an open cooling system.

off to the mod tech section to find a write-up, and to CL to find a radiator from a HO Jeep.

Think I still have one floating around. May need to be cleaned up but it should still be good.

Yours for the taking.... I'm in Moore.

Thanks, I guess i should have checked this awhile back :shhh:

I totaled the prius,
2011-04-05_18-55-29_635.jpg

and am back to driving the jeep, after a few mishaps on the back roads and loosing a wheel at 45mph or so i have made minimal enough repairs to get it in drivable shape.

I am currently in negotiations for a '93 model parts vehicle. I don't remember if it has a title or not.

If it is a two door model I would like to make a camping trailer out of the gutted remains... if a 4 door, i will probably strip it down and re-sell the parts I don't use again. Last time i did that with the red one, I got all those parts for free plus about 65$, donated the scrap metal to a hauler i know, and have a bunch of parts left to boot.

I guess it would be in my best interest to work on that d44 sometime soon. It's been sitting outside my dads shop for awhile now. It will be my first so I hope i don't louse it up too horrifically.

might be in the market for some parts, might have some for sale/trade. We'll see how it goes.

Dude that sucks. I hope you and any passengers are ok....

I have used it up and down the roads metal detecting old farms

I know I know old thread but you brought it back and I saw this......

What detector you using. I have an old Whites Classic 3 that I used on the beaches and other areas of NH. I need something new. I will probably pick up another Mine Lab as I have had great luck with them. But my favorite is gold detecting. Ever try it. The detectors are kinda specific but you can use a relic/coin detector. I go almost every year to AZ with my dad to detect the desert areas. I use a better detector there though. I have a Mine Lab "GPX4500" I use in the desert. check this site out for the AZ stuff. These are the people that I detect with when my father and I go to Arizona(AZ) http://arizonaoutback.com/azoroot/shop/ they are a great bunch of guys with more knowledge then I know what to do with..

no worries, i brought it back for a reason =)

I use a white eagle II, it's old but it has been a great unit. I did however finally run into a problem with it last fall though. I was out in a field and all the sudden none of the buttons would work. It's been sitting in the office ever since, i have been debating whether or not it is worth repairing given it's age.

I used to live in arizona and if i was smart i would have done more gold hunting when i was there. My dad found me an old book from the teens, titled arizona gold mines and placering which had a number of spots in my region but i just never got around to it. (I lived there for about 18 years and never saw the grand canyon till i was on my way out of town.) I did however do some ghost town hunting, unfortunately all my pictures were lost with my old laptop. but if you are wheeling in the region I used a book called Explore Arizona mainly, and I have a shelf full of ghost town books. Oklahoma isn't good about keeping old town up though, they seem to all get plowed into fields.

I haven't ever found anything special but i still get a rush every time i go out and dig up a hand full of trash. I may look into getting a Mine Lab, I haven't had the pleasure of using one yet, how do you like it? does it discriminate well? One thing about using the old White Eagle II was that nickels were often pop tops, and quarters were often bit of rusted iron. And the brass belt buckle i found came up as a penny if i recall. I had to quit bringing home milk crates full of cast iron farm equipment parts because i was the only one who thought a hundred year old cast iron gear and a discarded oilfield brass hammer with both ends mushroomed was cool.

I did however get my nephew into farm detecting with me awhile back. more reason to get the detector up and running again i guess.

sending it out to white's next week to get it fixed. i think it's a problem with the coil.

New 150$ parts rig.

2 wheel drive,

still has engine but it threw two rods and blew a hole in the block so it is a boat anchor.

long tail 2wd transmission is still good

interrior is decent no rips but needs to be cleaned

steering wheel has been replaced but column seems solid, didnt look to see if it had cruise or not

grabbed the drivers side fender and will be getting the a/c compressor alternator and what power steering parts are there.

power windows and locks but doors have been electrically gutted

i'll post an update of a parts list for sale if anyone wants it, and i will try to get the front harness for you swaprat if you still need it.

2011-05-15_19-18-03_124.jpg

2011-05-15_19-18-15_126.jpg

2011-05-15_19-18-24_668.jpg

2011-05-15_19-18-41_950.jpg

2011-05-15_19-18-49_278.jpg

2011-05-15_19-19-08_276.jpg

well i started out today trying to fix this:

2011-05-10_18-53-51_923.jpg

which ended up being this(after i had pulled the wiper assembly from the '93 model):

2011-05-16_16-41-37_9.jpg

a few quick turns of the socket and it was bueno. Have no idea how it came off.

2011-05-16_20-44-00_115.jpg

no sooner did i have it back on then i decided to replace my left front fender.

Now I have a new one in the barn, but I just dont want to use it you know?

it's ok though i have a cull thats only slightly less mangled than the one i have on currently :D

2011-05-17_15-07-02_863.jpg

2011-05-17_15-07-11_499.jpg

The header panel came off easy then i had the task of persuading my way to accessing the T-27's securing the front of the fender.

2011-05-17_15-43-43_138.jpg

2011-05-17_15-43-49_230.jpg

2011-05-17_15-45-15_944.jpg

afterwards I strightened up the sheetmetal that the fender mounted to.

2011-05-17_15-45-15_944.jpg

2011-05-17_16-04-34_444.jpg

2011-05-17_16-04-45_421.jpg

I think i finally fixed that damned whistle... (yes that's a cloth band aid.)

2011-05-16_20-44-25_884.jpg

this little gap in the rail is my next culprit.

2011-05-16_20-45-53_880.jpg

after that i started poking around under the hood and decided that since i had a power steering leak it would be a good idea to take everything down and check the connections. found a bad screw ring, hope that was it.

while i had the air box off I decided to wipe everything down with LA Awesome Orange Cleaner... that stuff is amazing... and it's from DG.

I noticed my motor mounts while i was in there, and i was horrified.

I think they are probably the originals...

2011-05-17_17-09-29_634.jpg

2011-05-17_17-09-00_520.jpg

2011-05-17_17-08-04_204.jpg

2011-05-17_17-07-53_992.jpg

2011-05-17_21-42-52_486.jpg

i went down to O'Reilly's and picked up two motor mounts... not great and i feel crappy putting these on, but I'll wait and buy some real nice ones later on.

Unfortunately I stripped out the bolt, or the welded on nut on the drivers side motor mount. I think i have if rigged good enough right now, I ran a brake caliper 9.8 bolt through it and spaced it with two big nuts and a washer. only got everything on the driver side finger tight before it started raining.

just for grins i found some old pics of my heep when it was all blue

_mg_090048.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

100_0589.jpg

Last edited:
the new green parts jeep is a '93 model

crap... I think i have a disease or something... I just made an offer on a '88 model with no motor and a j2000

well, '88 was too far gone, havent heard back on the j2000,

also...

lurkers.jpg

Do you want to send me the passenger side fender on that parts jeep?

good job btw

the picture doesn't show very well, but the fender is creased in two places. Free if you want it, greyhound would probably be the cheapest shipper to ID

Back