• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flares.. I know another one...

So has anyone ever done TJ flares WITHOUT cutting up the rear fenderwell? I don't know if I've got the stones to cut it up (yet!)
Cajun... yours looks nice too.... I don't think I'll ever go that big on suspension or tires.
See Ya!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

My rear tire carrier is a Bulletproof. I modified the tire mount to bring the tire closer to the body. That's the only thing that I didn't like about it (tire stuck way out to clear gerry cans).

Hjeepxj, Thanks! I really dont have to many pics really just re did everything but the lift. I will post up some pics w/ in the next few days. I actually put it on the side at the top of the hill in the pic. COXJ, as for the prep I will get you the name of the stuff I cant think of it right off the top of my head. But this stuff works awesome, You can pretty much twist the flairs in half and the paint wont chip or flake.

XJHOX said:
Hjeepxj, Thanks! I really dont have to many pics really just re did everything but the lift. I will post up some pics w/ in the next few days. I actually put it on the side at the top of the hill in the pic. COXJ, as for the prep I will get you the name of the stuff I cant think of it right off the top of my head. But this stuff works awesome, You can pretty much twist the flairs in half and the paint wont chip or flake.

dang man, that sucks, but if your anything like me, itll come back stronger than ever! :D

cant wait for the pics man, cant wait

I actually didn't really mess anything up. It was super slow and the tires cuught on the side of a soft dirt mound. Its nothing a new flare and a buffer wont fix.

O.K. so how much structural support does the fenderwell offer?
I've always been under the impression it was substantial.... I might (MIGHT !) consider doing it if I didn't need to weld upside down in the fenderwell. Whats the thought on the rivit idea....fold in a lip & rivit the outter skin to the relocated fenderwell. Doable? Doesn't the axle move to the rear of the vehicle when compressing, causing a need for more trimming on the rear of the fender as opposed to the front.
XJ addiction, XJHOX & Cajun the rigs look great.... like I said I dont know if I've got the stones to cut that high.....
Thanks !!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Curt, I don't know when I'm going to be making it out that way, but I'll let you know.

Also, next time my dad is down this way (Thanksgiving) I can give him one of them, then sometime you can meet him in Indio (he works there) and do the test fit if that'll help.

Sequoia

XJHOX did you ever rember the name of the stuff you used to paint the flares and how ya preped them? thanks

WIll

Just a thought. Has anyone ever tried to see if the stock front flares will fit on the opposite side rear?
Just thought it is a much bigger opening and sits higher on the guard on the front as well and would be big enough for 32-33's!
Would follow the panel curve better too. I have heard of MJ rear being fitted that worked well for a similar tyre size.

Back