• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Flare Install Writeup...56K beware

NCCherokee said:
what about the washer fluid bottle on the drivers' side fender? I'm trimmed almost flush with the bottom of it, and i think that if i put bolts in there, the fluid resovoir will be in the way. Did yall just take it out? i really wanna keep it in there.

I took mine out, and what a lot of people do is relocate it next to the brake fluid reservoir. If you go to a junkyard and get a Pre-'96 bottle it fits right in next to the brake fluid reservoir/master clylinder and you can still work your washer fluid just fine. Search on here, there are some pics but I'm not sure exactly where.

HTH

Chris

any suggestions in addition to fatter flares? and would you recomend trying the tj flares instead of bushwackers?

welcome!

i would personally opt for the stock TJ flares simply because you should be able to acquire them for hundreds less than the bushwackers (and some people will note that the bushwacker quality isnt worth the price anyway).

a number of people on here have done everything from welding up new custom flares from metal tubing etc, to Xenon TJ flares, Pacers, and WildHorses.

props on searching. theres tons of info on the whole process of the cutting also, if you havent done it already. good luck

Back