• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires

corvette9210

NAXJA Forum User
hey yall i have a 1999 xj 6cyl auto i was just wondering what the max tire size i can put on it without a lift i was thinkin 235/75/r15 not sure if they would fit though this is a budget build so i cant afford a lift kit right now also does anyone know where i can buy like the roof baskets thanks for you help!

i feel like a idiot askin this but how to the tire conversions work like is 235/75/r15 equal to 30/9.5/r15 i get that r15 is the rim size but other than that im lost lol

235/75/ 15 is metric tire sizing. The 235 is the mm from one bead to the other. The 75 is the aspect ratio: 75% of the 235 is sidewall. 15 is the rim size.

30x9.50x15 is "American" or truck sizing. 30 is the tire diameter, 9.50 means the tire is 9.5 inches wide. And 15 is the rim size.

you should be able to find a conversion chart online.

I've run 235/75 tires on a variety of saggy old XJ's with no problems at all, and I doubt you'll have any issues with 30's either unless you have tired springs and broken rebound stops, which may give you some rubbing on the rear.

Keep an eye on your speedometer when you swap tires so as not to start collecting tickets. A fresh set of 235's will give you almost exactly correct speedometer readings.

Back