• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires ..what do you run...

For an off road tire go with the 34x10.50 ltbs with bead locks don't look back, but as been said they are not a great ON road tire by any means.

If you will be on the road more but want good off road use then get Cooper SSTs. This tire is really underrated but has proven itself on the trails and on road. I love this tire above anything else for a dd/mild wheeler but they are priced on the high end. And they look tuff with a lot of side wall tread, good sipping and voids, clean mud out better then the KM2 and are on par with the truxs if not a hair below. Wear is better then the truxs I have seen but you must rotate any mud tire to get the full life out of them.

Oh and don't waste your time with 31s now go to the 33/34s, just trim and bumpstop.

Andy Stock
Miobi VP

my next set will more than likely be BFG AT in a 33" i have hankook dynopro mt's right now in a 30" and they are good off road and even better on they are quiet for an MT and they wear good

right now i have general grabbers. i'm hoping to upsize later this spring/early summer to 31s and not sure if i'm going to bite the bullet and get KM2s or just BFG ATs

I have the same lift on my '96, and I run 32X11.50X15 BFG Radial TA KO tires. The KO's are rated for severe snow duty, and have performed great for me. I've got 22,000 miles on them so far, and they still have the little horizontal rubber stubs on the tread. They should be good for well over 50,000 miles. I've got a friend who got 70,000 out of his.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overview/all-terrain-t-a-ko/44.html

I have the same tires in 30's that i bought before the lift. Great tires and we had the same on our YJ. The fact the AT's are so good and hold up so well is making me lean towards the KM2 MT's. I appreaciate all the info guys. As soon as the tax check comes there will be pics of the decision.

The best offroad tire I have found is the TSL. But they wear out way to fast for any street driving.

Everyone in my local club was running truxus but were not happy with them. Most have switched to km2 with good success

I've run 30" and 31" BFG AT KO's on two rigs for a couple of years now in all conditions and I really like them, especially for daily use. I have a new set of 33x10.50 BFG KM2's in my garage waiting to be installed. From the sounds of it, that was a good choice. Can't wait to get these babies on the Frog.

The best offroad tire I have found is the TSL. But they wear out way to fast for any street driving.

Everyone in my local club was running truxus but were not happy with them. Most have switched to km2 with good success

I would do that, aaron has been trying to get me to do that as well but i dont really want to pony up the cash to try and get new 17" wheels with the correct backspacing

I would do that, aaron has been trying to get me to do that as well but i dont really want to pony up the cash to try and get new 17" wheels with the correct backspacing

Why? They last a long ass time!

I run 36"x13.5"x15" SS IROC'S bias ply on a 10" rim. They are great off road and ok on the road. I have not had to much road time with these so I cannot say much about it.

Back