• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Sizes (actual)

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
Need some help please. If any of you have the following tires and the time, would you please post the measurements of how tall your tire actiually is?

32X11.50 on 7 inch wheel
32X11.50 on 8 inch wheel
33X10.50 on 8 inch wheel

Thanks!

Harvo said:
Need some help please. If any of you have the following tires and the time, would you please post the measurements of how tall your tire actiually is?

32X11.50 on 7 inch wheel
32X11.50 on 8 inch wheel
33X10.50 on 8 inch wheel

Thanks!

My 33x10.50 TSL Radial Swamper measures 32" at 29lb pressure with the vehicle
empty.

there will be huge variances depending on brand

Yes I know... I guess I should ask that question too. It would help if the brand were stated. I'm just trying to get some general ideas to use as starting points. Wish I had access to a tire store and a tire dude to put different sizes on the XJ all day. :)

Harvo said:

32X11.50 on 7 inch wheel
32X11.50 on 8 inch wheel
33X10.50 on 8 inch wheel

Thanks!
It¡s going to depend on the brand and model. Just go to any tire manufacturer's web site and you'll find that "nominal" tire sizes are exactly that ... nominal. When I was researching what gears I wanted to buy to keep in the RPM range I wanted for highway use I reasearched a bunch of tire web sites. In general, for floatation tires (the ones marked like 31x10.50 as opposed to a metric designation) they run about a half inch smaller than the nominal. Thus, 31s typically are actually 30.4" to 30.6" in diameter. Same holds true for the other sizes, but the discrepancy is different for each brand and model of tire.

Harvo said:

32X11.50 on 7 inch wheel
32X11.50 on 8 inch wheel
33X10.50 on 8 inch wheel

Thanks!

The time; why yes its 5:27.

Back