• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tips for those planning on Tenting this year.

That helped me get my megacab out also was the frozen ground. At least the f450 has a true-trac in the back of it...well and a front axle to help...we got it all stuck pulling in last year.

They need more gravel.

mac 'hobag also goes to bed early too' gyvr

Odd....the 250 had no issues.

:D

Rev

You didn't camp...and you didn't stray off the gravel...

mac '6 is better than four' gyvr

don't bother with the battery. Bring a decent extension cord and pay the extra 5 bucks for the electricity. well worth it to avoid the hassle. pretty much all of the campsites have electric now.

:banghead: As said before, this is a new experience for both of us.

How much money should we bring along for entry fee to the camp site with electric and entry into Badlands for 1 truck, 2 people?

Where do you guys find the electric heating pad?

I have a good sleeping bag, 2 person tent and a small space heater (might get a little bigger). I still have to get a tarp for the ground and a tarp to cover for insulation. I would rather be over prepared then under prepared, never been "winter" camping.

They're referring to an electric blanket.

For winter camping I usually put my 0* mummy bag in my 35* bag on a sleeping bad (Therm-a-rest). There we're talking for sub 10* temps though. I will sometimes add a light fleece bag in between the two others.

Put your clothes for the next day in the bag with you, they will be warm and you don't have to go searching for them.

Do your best to not let anything touch the sides of your tent, the item will act like a wick and draw moisture right through as well as give the condensation a route off your tent wall.

Ground tarps are a good idea basically for water and abrasion to your tent (sticks, rocks, etc). The only time I've put a tarp over myself is in a quinzee/igloo that I built to keep the melting snow from saturating the sleeping bag. It slept 4 and probably stayed about 40* in there on a -10* night.

I've never used artificial heat in a tent, having no electricity takes the option away, as well as the fun.

no, there are heated matress pads too. they really work nice.

check JP Penny or Google it.

yes, we have one on our mattress because I'm to cheap to use the furnace.

We bought one for my parents at bed bath beyond during the holiday season. Check there.

Put your clothes for the next day in the bag with you, they will be warm and you don't have to go searching for them.

I was going to keep that tip to myself.

Always fun hearing the screams of people putting on cold underwear.

87 'my balls!' Manche

True, but what is more fun is hearing someone curse a blue streak when someone starts laying on a horn right outside someones tent due to a hangover. Even though it kinda woke me up, it made my morning.

Dan - well excuse me! I forgot about those, same concept.

Back