• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tips for those planning on Tenting this year.

i have one similar to that at my apartment. we went the entire winter last year at college without heat. that heater was in my room and it would keep it pretty toasty

Check your ACE Hardware add also. The wife and i picked a little one up they had on sale for like $12 and it pumps the heat out. It's real small and the element is protected real good so it will not start a fire easy. We were also thinking heating blanket on top of the air mattress under the sleeping bags if needed.

electric blanket FTW. The forced air heaters just don't get the job done too well in a tent.

I might have slept in the bed of an MJ covered with a tarp one year, electric blanket is all you need.

Also, an air mattress will make your sleeping bag colder, a pad is a much bettter insulator. We still use the air mattress because it's comfortable, but it matters not with an electric blanket.

Bring a mat or something to set just inside the door of your tent so you can take your boots off and not track all the mud inside. Bring slippers to walk around in the tent.

Don't setup your tent where the campfire will be, possibly be. Trust me.

Great tips so far, looks like I have a little shopping to do!

last October we slept on an air mattress with a heated mattress pad.
it was very warm. the heat rises as opposed to an electric blanket.
We also had a small electric heater fan that helped as well.

BOB

BOB

I did the same thing. The second night i turned the blanket on a little while before i went to bed and it was great!

I've called a few times. No answer so I left a message. No call back yet. I should call again today.

BOB

Will a single battery suffice or should I pack a marine battery?

We will probably be putting the tent on the trailer depending on how muddy the campground is.

Will a single battery suffice or should I pack a marine battery?

We will probably be putting the tent on the trailer depending on how muddy the campground is.

don't bother with the battery. Bring a decent extension cord and pay the extra 5 bucks for the electricity. well worth it to avoid the hassle. pretty much all of the campsites have electric now.

don't bother with the battery. Bring a decent extension cord and pay the extra 5 bucks for the electricity. well worth it to avoid the hassle. pretty much all of the campsites have electric now.

All of the sites along the four(ish) gravel drives have electricity and water. As stated before the water will probably be off. It will be cheaper to split sites with people, up to 4 people can split the site cost. If you don't need electricity there is still nearly half the campgroud that is primitive camping.

I don't think that we have filled every electric site yet.

mac 'usually needs 4x to get the truck and trailer in an out' gyvr

Back