• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on Lunchbox Locker on D30 with 35s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is spartan in a 30 a bad choice? Was the product flawed? Was it made horribly?

People need to stop blaming parts as "bad" because.they break.

Instead you should say : i drive like a complete asshole with disregard for throttle input and axle bind. So i broke an otherwise good part by being a XXXXin douche.

Why is spartan in a 30 a bad choice? Was the product flawed? Was it made horribly?

Instead you should say : i drive like a complete asshole with disregard for throttle input and axle bind. So i broke an otherwise good part by being a XXXXin douche.

like many of us have said, including robert, its not the spartan thats the problem; its the carrier.

Not a thing wrong with them, I just don't want to run 35"s with one just my preference.

And the purple part is the reason I own a so called off drilled axle set. That's not really drilled wrong but cast like that and will be just fine for me.

Cast or forged, drilled or milled.

I just speak the truth and don't have great tact. Sorry. But its always the way it is.

if superior imports from china and has a sub-par factory, then why do they have the best reputation?

not trying to be inflammatory, but I was considering superior shafts for my 8.25, so I am curious.

:crickets:

Who says best quality? I am talking gears though...

Shafts are india like most others. Yet still not the quality of Yukon or usa s.

I ran a lockright in the front 30 in my TJ with 35's for years, and wheeled it hard. I broke axles, I broke gears, and I broke u-joints, but I never broke a carrier or the lockright. I did break a D30 Detroit...twice. But not a lockright or the carrier.

I ran a lockright in the front 30 in my TJ with 35's for years, and wheeled it hard. I broke axles, I broke gears, and I broke u-joints, but I never broke a carrier or the lockright. I did break a D30 Detroit...twice. But not a lockright or the carrier.

the gears breaking could have very likely been attributed to gear deflection allowed by the stock carrier

Anything that don't make Yukon quality gets re-boxed in USA or one of the other brand names and sold. They even sell them off to other gear company's that I will not mention who.

Ok so another person that is spewing BS...

And again your spewinng BS with the defects in USA Stantard boxes.

Its almost the opposite, in a way. RRP over sees the exports at the factory, then when they get to Washington, recieved. They box them in USA standard boxes, OR they send them off to QC and check AGAIN the final product (Something NO OTHER GEAR COMPANY DOES STATESIDE!) and if they are not perfect, but oonly slightly off, meaning a bit more setup needed and they will be fine, then the rest or the whole batch goes inn USA Standard Boxes. BUT If they are same quality OR BETTER then what Dana would except or Ford, etc, then they go inn Yukon Boxes, and you get a 2 yr warranty.
So People, please understand that BoringDave, wants to feel important by postinng BAD info and is lost....

From a thread in the Vendor feedback forum:
The shafts are Randys shafts technically. Randys imports all his shafts from the SAME factory. When they get to Washington they undergo a quality inspection (sampling of 5-20% depending), ALL products that fail ANY test that compromise strength or durability are rejected and never sold by them.
All products that are not perfect in some visual way are sold as USA standard and the rest that are cosmetically pleasing, are sold as Yukon.
They are the Same Exact Shafts in the box, but one looks pretty, and one might have phosphate or oil discoloration, etc.

So which is it? Are the non-perfect parts boxed as USA Standard or aren't they? I mean, Dave said essentially what you said in the snippet above, and even in your post in this thread, you say that the parts that don't meet full prefect QC are boxed as USA Standard, all the while insulting one of our other forum users.

From a thread in the Vendor feedback forum:

So which is it? Are the non-perfect parts boxed as USA Standard or aren't they? I mean, Dave said essentially what you said in the snippet above, and even in your post in this thread, you say that the parts that don't meet full prefect QC are boxed as USA Standard, all the while insulting one of our other forum users.

Thank you.

When I make post I'm not to long winded about it because I don't own an actual computer with a key board. Most the time I'm chicken pecking at an iPhone or iPad at best.

As far as Randy's other company's I really should have stated other licensed names that may or may not be in use. I don't remember all of them so I may have been incorrect about Sierra brand but I do remember it was very similar along with another I think was value gear.

The only point I was trying to get across was I to have seen on several web sites and even USA Standards site. that the Spartan locker was recommended for light vehicles or tires smaller then 32". This was the reason I sold my brand new Spartan locker to a NAXJA member to replace it with a Grizzly since I plan to run 35"+ tires on a polished turdy.

Dave

This thread is done. Be advised, RWK Haus is not longer a NAXJA vendor. I encourage anyone who is interested in purchasing gears for their rig to do so from one of our current NAXJA vendors, such as Just Differentials, Quadratec, Serious Off-road, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back