• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

think you could break this w/ 49" irocks & v8 power??

JLane99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
an F700 4x4 front drive axle (as its listed on ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=4555958400&category=50466&sspagename=WDVW

is it just me or does that diff seem to be pretty much dead center of the spring perches, hmmmm...

maybe ditch the d60 rear idea i was plannin for my MJ-rawkrawler

who makes this beastly mass of metal? anyone know?
what if any weak points does it have??

heck its already geared 4.88!!

I'd be surprised if it's still straight after the lick it took. Definately want it checked out before I spent the dollars.

i wouldn't bother.

who cares if it's already geared? are you gonna be able to find a locker for it? how much are parts (brakes, balljoints, shafts, bearings, etc) gonna cost for a rare axle like that? how are you gonna match the lug pattern? (10 lug?)

there are far too many issues to work around IMO

yeah but wouldn't rear-steer be da $hit and especially w/ a big hulkin beast of an axle like that
match lug patterns w/ yet another f-700 4x4 drive axle (IF another could be found without having to sell off my 1 born)
its parts are all probly expensive BUT what parts for any of this Jeep-addiction aren't??

hpi_jeep said:
i would love to see a driveshaft go from 5"tube down to 3"...

ohh yeah. buy some rockwells instead

w/ enough $$ &/or friends that own machine shops, anything is possible..
why not just slap leather for some unimog 404 portals
ebayaxleusedR.jpg

thats what i would love to run
btw my mj project truggy is a cab and frame it'll likely get a v8 w/ t-18/np205 and something rad to connect tires to...
:)

JLane99XJ said:
w/ enough $$ &/or friends that own machine shops, anything is possible..
why not just slap leather for some unimog 404 portals
Because those portals barely hold up to much over 44".
I know a guy that runs them in a very light buggy on 49"s.
Next to his shop is a pile of broken portal axles.

I mean light. Here it is.....

is.php

Last edited:
TrailHunter said:
Don't be one of the sheeple around here. Be original and make it work! I think that would be an awesome project. Yeah it might cost more and be harder to find the parts you need, but how many people can say that run that thing. I'd say check it to make sure it's straight and do it.

x2. And if its really just a big hassle get some UniMoG-axles...

Orginality is always cool !

Back