• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FC-170 project

93xjcowboy

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to get this guy to call me about one of the 2 FC-170's he has for sale so I can buy my own Fugly Contraption. Has anyone here built one or even have any knowledge of them? I have read the build threads on Pirate but I want to see as many as possible before I start.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330594168064#ht_500wt_1182
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...egory=6286&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1#ht_500wt_1182

I think the first build stage will be something like this:
92-93 XJ 4.0 H.O. (I believe this is the years for the stronger block but i may be wrong)
AW4
D300
Kingpin D60 Front
D60 Rear
~40" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers
Boxed/reinforced frame
Custom bed with as much weight in the back as I can get

Obviously more will need to be done than that but thats the basic plan so far. And yes I know the AW4/D300 will become a weak link but I will have to be smart with the throttle until I can put something Much Much stronger in.

Any suggestions or ideas?

My dad has one with a dodge 318 and a 727 torque flight transmission. Its now sitting in the back yard collecting rust.
pug5.jpg

You realize that Toyota puts these transmissions behind 1000HP Supera's right?

I do realize that and I am looking at that as an option but I have another idea I am toying with putting an allison behind it right now. My main reason for that is 6 gears and stupid simple rebuilds.

i wouldnt want to put a transmission with a girl name in my truck.

girls are dumb, thier transmissions must be dumb too

If I had an Allison transmission I would tell everyone that I get to drive her hard whenever I want.

allison? really? if you want a simple and beefy tranny to swap in get a NV4500

If you want to figure out how to make the shift linkage then feel free. I have no desire to have a manual trans in the FC though. Allisons have to be the easiest transmission I have ever rebuilt.

How much of a bitch is it gonna be to find an adapter plate to run a 4.0 with an allison?

Im talking with advanced adapters about that. They are saying its gonna be a very expensive swap.

Anyway the Jackwagon that posted the ebay ad never got back to me after 3 emails with my phone # and email addy. Guess Im just gonna get another cherokee to build.

Im talking with advanced adapters about that. They are saying its gonna be a very expensive swap.

Anyway the Jackwagon that posted the ebay ad never got back to me after 3 emails with my phone # and email addy. Guess Im just gonna get another cherokee to build.

My dad would sell his but it needs a crap load of body work.

Back