• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things you would change on your XJ?

I think the deal with the full sized spare is if it has a limited slip, it comes with a full sized spare.
I had the dealer throw in a full sized spare when I bought mine.

Needs more cowbell.

1) better engine mounts

2) less rocker panel height in relation to the floorboard

3) diff place for cupholders (they make ebrake almost non-functional)

4) wee bit more room in the seat area

5) wing windows on all models

6) normal open coolant system

7) oil filter mount that is not upside down

8) rear storage space of somekind inside the vehicle

9) different way to mount bumpers to vehicle, oine that normal tools actually fit

10) better roof rack mounting bolts

how about fender flairs that weren't offset ? I cannot STAND how the rear flares are a few inches lower than the front. It makes the rear look like it's sagging and looks like shit IMO.

Fred85 said:
a setting on the HVAC controls so that the heat will blow feet/top at the SAME time, so annoying.......

Just set it on BILEVEL. Heat valve stays opened with bilevel.....

Myself, I'd make the Jeep magically have better milage. That's what I'd change.

Chrysler/Jeep's fix to the limited-slip systems catching fire was to replace the donut tire with a full size tire, by the way. The different sized tires screwed up the limited-slip and commonly caused fires when the donut spare was used......so they just stopped giving small spares with Jeeps, I thought it was only the ones with limited slips, but who knows.

kloker said:
2. Either all Metric or all SAE fasteners, not mixed! Try counting how many sizes of wrenches and sockets it takes just to get to your timing chain. It's ridiculous!

i agree
torx, metric, standard, allen key, phillips, robertsons, 8 point, 16 point
my old sami could be taken apart with a 10, 12, 15, and 17

Back