• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"The Walking Dead" on AMC

Just because they are not covered by broadcast decency laws does not mean they can do whatever... I guarantee the cable companies get complaints about this stuff. Too many and they will find themselves in the pay-ghetto with HBO and the others.

Okay, tonight's episode was much more my speed. Hoping it remains like this for the last two.

I didn't much like today's episode. They already saw zombies in their area, they knew the zombies were getting hungry and heading out of town for food, they were weary of fires to attract them.... so what did they do near the end of the episode? Have a big fish bake-off over an open fire without a look-out.

I was half expecting the one handed redneck to come flying back in with the box truck plowing over them while they sat there and ate. And how slow and blind do you have to be to stand at the door of an RV and not see a zombie right in front of you coming towards your arm.

Any bets on the idea that the one-handed redneck led the zombies back to camp for revenge?

Who do you think is going to break the news to officer friendly that his wife and best friend were doing the horizontal mambo? I was thinking the wife-beater, but he just got topped.

What would be the odds of four guys jogging/walking a fair way out of town, running the last mile or so, jumping into a mixed melee, in the dark, and managing to NOT nail a friendly? Seemed kind of improbable to me.

..,how slow and blind do you have to be to stand at the door of an RV and not see a zombie right in front of you coming towards your arm.
That would depend on how much lighting there was inside the RV. Ruin your night-vision and step outside on a dark night, someone can get pretty close to you.

Who do you think is going to break the news to officer friendly that his wife and best friend were doing the horizontal mambo? I was thinking the wife-beater, but he just got topped.

That's the one part of this show i don't like, why do they have to add this drama in there :dunno:

i bet the friend outs himself :D

That's the one part of this show i don't like, why do they have to add this drama in there :dunno:

i bet the friend outs himself :D

Wife gets eaten, kid survives, cop & partner have to team up again to get out of there, partner outs himself.

And agreed on Merle having led the zombies back to camp as revenge.

The story line is developing way to many holes.

Just a few off te top of my head:

Wife angily confronts ex-lover tells him to stay away from her son. Next episode ex lover says "who is going to help me gut some fish?" kid jumps from his mother arms to help and mother proudly smiles and he lovingly rubs the kids head. Did I miss something?

These people go back to atlanta for a bag of guns? It's altanta, there are probably gun stores on every block.

The sheriff give his wife the excuse that he has to go back to the city to get the radio to warn the father and child we meet in the first episode via police radio. They (father and son)were in a car, Im sure they found out already that Altanta is overrun and if they didn't would he have already used the radio to warn them? He just forgot about this.

Why go back to save the handcuffed guy?

The whole vatos at the hospital thing was crazy, in real life most of these people would not visit their grandparents on a normal day, much less a zombie apocalypse.

Being in medicine, I would think that the reason for the head trauma is to damage the brain stem and hypothalamus, I dont think a cross bow could do the job unless perfectly shot, almost impossible.

Wouldnt the camp put up a warning device like strings around the camp with cans to make noise if anyone came in.

I could go on but I expected more from the writers at AMC after watch Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
The story line is developing way to many holes.

Just a few off te top of my head:

Wife angily confronts ex-lover tells him to stay away from her son. Next episode ex lover says "who is going to help me gut some fish?" kid jumps from his mother arms to help and mother proudly smiles and he lovingly rubs the kids head. Did I miss something?

These people go back to atlanta for a bag of guns? It's altanta, there are probably gun stores on every block.

The sheriff give his wife the excuse that he has to go back to the city to get the radio to warn the father and child we meet in the first episode via police radio. They (father and son)were in a car, Im sure they found out already that Altanta is overrun and if they didn't would he have already used the radio to warn them? He just forgot about this.

Why go back to save the handcuffed guy?

The whole vatos at the hospital thing was crazy, in real life most of these people would not visit their grandparents on a normal day, much less a zombie apocalypse.

Being in medicine, I would think that the reason for the head trauma is to damage the brain stem and hypothalamus, I dont think a cross bow could do the job unless perfectly shot, almost impossible.

Wouldnt the camp put up a warning device like strings around the camp with cans to make noise if anyone came in.

I could go on but I expected more from the writers at AMC after watch Breaking Bad.

I agree with most of that, especially that part about no early warning system. You're out in a freaking field and have not put up noise makers?

When the dude was digging holes I figured it was zombie traps, deep holes seem a good way to slow down a horde of undead.

I agree with most of that, especially that part about no early warning system. You're out in a freaking field and have not put up noise makers?

I kinda remember seeing tin cans strung between trees in a few shots, presumably for that purpose. My guess is that Merle cut them and let them down, assuming he's responsible for leading the zombies back to camp.

But yeah, there are some good plot holes in this one. Given that Gale Anne Hurd was one of the creative minds behind the first Terminator and Tremors films as well as Aliens, I'd expect better - but then, she also worked on Æon Flux and Virus, so maybe my expectations were a bit high.

I just caught the show on Hulu. Another Show thats as good as Dexter, I like it.

I don't think Merle would have led them back. He would think his brother is in that camp and if that blood bond is as strong as it seems on the younger's end, I'd imagine he sniff some coke and kick everyone's ass there.

Just finished watching the first 4 episodes. Thankfully my on demand was cooperating!

Just as I thought--camping outdoors in tents, etc., not a good idea during Zombie date nights.

Yes, there were tin-can early warning lines strung.

Isn't this supposed to be closely following the comic books it is based on?

Did Felipe get shot in the a** by an arrow that had most likely been previously used on a zombie? I don't think Daryl has been sanitizing them.

I think Merle led the zombies to the camp, and he doesn't give a damn about his brother.

I'm guessing that most gun stores were stripped of their inventories early in the conflict, however, where are all of the military weapons that should be lying around? One tank, one Ma Deuce near the tank, one M9 and one frag in the tank?

Not really sure how far they are from town--those buildings looked pretty close from the top of the hill where Jim was digging holes.

Daryl on seveal occasions has pulled an arrow out of a zombies head to reuse. If this where to ever happen no one would ever try to come in contact with the blood much less pull an arrow out of a bloody zombies head. :gee: << My daughter made be put the like cartoon in the message.

Ok, episode 5 has come and gone.

Anybody notice the DShK/DShKM 12.7mm Soviet HMG outside of the CDC?

And, once again, lots of dead military around the CDC--M4s, M16A2s, M9s--where did they all go?

Anybody notice the DShK/DShKM 12.7mm Soviet HMG outside of the CDC?
Actually, yes, now that you mention it. I was just kind of on cruise, the barrel flashed on screen, and I thought, "wait, what,..."
Didn't place it until i saw your post though.

Ok, just watched episode six off the net.

FINALLY the grenade from the tank in episode two makes its second (and final) appearance!

The CDC Dr. fruitcake at least mentions all of the M16/M4s laying around--that's where he got his--but once again our fearless band of the living can't seem to find any?

Back