• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Unofficial Turkey Run (Castle Rcok 3000 line)

GirlScout1

NAXJA Forum User
The Unofficial Turkey Run (Castle Rock 3000 line)

Well hear are some of the pictures. I don't know if anyone else is even back yet to put theirs up. When I left there was no breakages, only a few stucks including myself,sawedoff, sawedoffette, and the big Chevy. We had alot of fun overall and the snow was a hoot. I must say that was the first time I have done some good wheeling in the snow in a very long time and the first in a Jeep. Mostly logging trails but once we got into the snow it presented a challenge. Anyways, heres the pics:
3Kline016.jpg

3Kline013.jpg

3Kline012.jpg

3Kline011.jpg

3Kline009.jpg

This next picture would have been great if my camera had captured it with Jason pulling a wheelie:
3Kline003.jpg

3Kline002.jpg

Well thats all I have for now. Hopefully someone else will post some up.

Last edited:
wrecked said:
Castle Rock isnt reffering to the town of Castlerock is it?

-Kevin
It is, thats the 3000 line that you can get to from about 10 miles(ish) up Spirit Lake HWY. All the rigs in the pics except the green XJ are from the Kelso/Longview area.

Awesome. Nice to see some rigs around this area on NAXJA.

That flat blue/black looking XJ.. does that guy live on Hemlock by the lake? I ride my bike to work in the summer and there is one parked over there all the time. I've never talked to the guy, but it looks like a nice rig.

-Kevin

Not sure which one you were talking about, but I don't think either are the one you see over by the lake. This one is mine, I'm up on Cowlitz Way over in Kelso. I've been driving my junk around the area for about 5 years now.
3Kline011.jpg

This one is GirlScout1 up in the Olympia area.
3Kline012.jpg

yeah sawedoff..sorry i'm not from Kelso but you can only imagine if we lived closer. Wives would find out plans and we would end up in the dog house.

sawedoff said:
Not sure which one you were talking about, but I don't think either are the one you see over by the lake. This one is mine, I'm up on Cowlitz Way over in Kelso. I've been driving my junk around the area for about 5 years now.
3Kline011.jpg

I was talking about yours. I've noticed in the last couple months a few more lifted XJ's popping up. If you see a '90 flat blue 4 dr with yellow tie rod, drag link, diff cover and some bushwacker Tj flares on full widths, thats me. Give me a wave. Or I may be in my girlfriends XJ, '90 white 2dr with 3" lift and ARB stickers.

Anyway, looks like you guys had fun. I spent the last 2 weekends in snow, but on the other side of the mountain and @ TSF. Maybe I'll try the closer side of the mountain later this month.

-Kevin

GirlScout1 said:
yeah sawedoff..sorry i'm not from Kelso but you can only imagine if we lived closer. Wives would find out plans and we would end up in the dog house.
Its bad enough as-is sometimes :D

wrecked said:
I was talking about yours. I've noticed in the last couple months a few more lifted XJ's popping up. If you see a '90 flat blue 4 dr with yellow tie rod, drag link, diff cover and some bushwacker Tj flares on full widths, thats me. Give me a wave. Or I may be in my girlfriends XJ, '90 white 2dr with 3" lift and ARB stickers.

Anyway, looks like you guys had fun. I spent the last 2 weekends in snow, but on the other side of the mountain and @ TSF. Maybe I'll try the closer side of the mountain later this month.

-Kevin
I think I may have seen the white one, but I don't think I've seen yours, I'm sure I would remember something like that. Maybe I'll just start waving to everybody, It always scares some people, but maybe I'll see you around. I know we will go play in the snow again soon, just not sure when yet because one of these weekends coming up I have to lift the wifes Jeep. The snow is getting too deep for hers as it sits now...
Image9.jpg

wrecked said:
I'll be up in the snow on sunday. And I may go back up to the deep stuff next week but I've got to find an oil leak first.

Good looking jeeps.

Looked at this post an only saw

"I'll be in the snow on Sunday"

Mark, I did pretty good pulling a guy out of the ditch on the way home tonight.

<snickering> I just had to rib ya a little bit there, Jason. All in good fun, ok?

;)

I know. I just want to go play. Had too much fun last night in the lack of snow we have.

This Sunday, I am promised out to my wife. Headed to The Victorian Christmas.

Jason

Back