• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The old "Front Drive shaft SYE quick fix" questions

96CheroKeeClassik said:
If i were you, I would just go ahead and get the PORC SYE for $180 shipped along with a front driveshaft from a bonyard ranging from $40-150 bucks.

I was thinking about doing the Hack n' tap myself.....untill I read all the problems and complications that people have had with them. They aren't fool proof to install.....and even if you do it correctly they are more prone to failure (& wobbles) than just going ahead and eliminating the slip yoke output shaft.

with everything said and done (not considering install) your prob looking at $250-300 range......give or take a few.

so with the porc SYE i can still use a donor DS. will i still need the flange adaptor

yeah, with a SYE installed you can use an xj front donor shaft with very little modifications. (that is, assuming you have an auto, np231, and a C8.25) any other setup may require some adapters etc.

I have been told that you won't have to use the flange unless your using the old hack n' tap setup.....but I don't know from experience, just hearsay.

I've heard that a Dodge 1 ton front D.S. will fit with the RE1807 hack and tap and the D44 & the Chrys 8.25... Any one have any experience with this set up?

H&T + Front DS = spicer #211229x

shmoken875 said:
nope you need the spicer part if your using a hack n tap WITH A FRONT DS regardless of year.

fixed.

Holy crap there's a lot of babble and ill-gotten information in here...

NO you do not need another adapter to run a front driveshaft in the rear if you use the PORC-style SYE. Why do I say "PORC-style"? Because it's the same as the AA, JB and others...just cheaper and made in Taiwan. Read: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/sye.html

Back