• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Just use whatever you can get cheap.

I used 2x6 and have 1x1 steel spacers behind mine (about 3 of them, each about 3" long) to get them to stick out an inch.

Honestly, I'd probably do what Rob did and add tree kickers to them and just leave the box tubing flush with the door (which 2x6 accomplishes).

Got some "Bro" Tow flipout mirrors for my Dodge. TOWIN' GHOST TRAILERS ERRYDAY

also, anyone think the difference from 2x5 to 2x6 box steel rockers is worth the extra inch sticking out? Trying to decide what I want to do with the MJ...
I used 2x6 and still had to space it out. The extra inch towards the inside made it nicer for cage tube landing surface.

She did that months ago. :laugh:

It's a great saw. When you need a blade get the Diablo Demo Demon. They cut fantastic and Home Depot usually has the 2 for 1 packages.

Yup, wood is still about 10% higher than it was last year though. :( Glad I'm not building my house now.

Get a good plywood for the top and it'll last a long long time.

Sweet deal!

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind when this one wears out.

The previous owner left me a full sheet of some nice 3/4" plywood. SCORE.

3/4? That's like $40-45 too it is it the decent stuff.

I have no idea if it's nice stuff or not. Just looks untouched so that's nice to me :laugh:

It's not that glued together particle shit though.

Although I have a full sheet of that too.

Regular 3/4 CDX is like 27 a sheet these days iirc.

If it's anything other than CDX, it's probably more expensive.

C and D indicate the grade of the front and back layers of veneer (crap and even more crap, basically sheathing grade) and X means it's water resistant enough to handle being rained on a couple times while waiting for siding and shingles. Basically your standard sheathing plywood grade.

C grade is the side with the patches for knotholes, D is the underside and doesn't have patches, iirc. Compared with what CDX I've bought, that all makes sense.

hahaha, that's why I won't use it or OSB. I would probably use that nifty Zip system treated OSB Bill used though.

Shits like a wooden sponge.

Actually Dundy your air compressor is still there too.

Yea I need to grab that once of these days. I also got a rear slider for my truck that I want to see if your dad will install for me. PM me your dad's cell number.

hahaha, that's why I won't use it or OSB. I would probably use that nifty Zip system treated OSB Bill used though.

Shits like a wooden sponge.

The Zip stuff is nice. When you price it and then compare it to traditional stuff and house wrap the cost is about the same.
The zip tape is a bit speedy but the stuff is killer awesome. It sticks to everything and within a couple hours the adhesive actually moves into whatever it is stuck to and is like a rubber cement.

Oh and I have the best wife ever!

She's been wanting a new mattress since before we moved into out house. I can't really blame her the one we are sleeping on now is older than me. :laugh:
So the plan was to get tax return money and use it on a mattress and a woodchipper. She tells me forget the mattress we'll save for one and get it later; get the woodchipper and the lawn mower now. :thumbup:

I'm excited. Both ordered.

Yipee!

Rather have a mattress but whatever I guess I could have sex on a woodchipper.

the vibratoins from the chipper and tractor can help with the sensations

Speaking of travel, anyone know how Rt. 301 is through Maryland? I have to make a trip to Hollywood, MD next week and am driving there...not sure if I want to do the loop around Baltimore & DC or pick up 301 in Delaware and take that all the way. If it's not completely full of suck then I might do anyway just to d something different.
301 is not a bad ride, I took it back from virginia a few years ago. there were a few congested areas, but for the most part it flows along at 50-60

Back