• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

wait you mean to tell me putting on shitty mods done by someone that know nothing and driving it into the ground means that it will have a short life?

Seriously...I was always amazed by that.

"The truck falls apart around the motor"

Well no shit if you buy the worst quality parts and throw 37-40" tires on them with double the factory power. :laugh:

Seriously...I was always amazed by that.

"The truck falls apart around the motor"

Well no shit if you buy the worst quality parts and throw 37-40" tires on them with double the factory power. :laugh:
^This^...I have an old friend that bought a nice 7.3 crew cab dually and quickly proceeded to go Full Retard with it: 8 inches of skyjacker lift, 22.5's, stacks, stacked two tuners onto the ecu, you name it. Even added insult to injury by trying a repaint "on the cheap" with orange plasti-dip, which began falling off a week after he did it. Then gave up and went super cool rattle can flat black top to bottom. Just looks like junk now and gives him nothing but problems, and is just about useless for towing his camper or his mustang to the track.
Fools and their money are soon parted.

I couldn't let this go a month.

Anyone in the market for a '65 crowd-eater, I mean mustang?

cKI7ubrl.jpg

Fully built everything. 347, C4, 9", etc. I finally got it running great, was doing 5500RPM upshifts yesterday running next to my buddy's new to him 04 Mach 1 with twin 57mm turbos. I asked my mother in law what the family discount was and she laughed. My father in law is getting ready to retire and never drives it (I've driven it more than him this year), so he is looking to free up the cash. I really like this car, wish I could afford to buy it. With some tuning and slicks no reason it should do low 12s.

cKI7ubrl.jpg

Fully built everything. 347, C4, 9", etc. I finally got it running great, was doing 5500RPM upshifts yesterday running next to my buddy's new to him 04 Mach 1 with twin 57mm turbos. I asked my mother in law what the family discount was and she laughed. My father in law is getting ready to retire and never drives it (I've driven it more than him this year), so he is looking to free up the cash. I really like this car, wish I could afford to buy it. With some tuning and slicks no reason it should do low 12s.

How much? Not that I can afford it either, nor do I really want one. Just curious.

I think he's gonna list/ask $30, but will be ok with low-mid 20s. I really don't know what the car is actually worth to be honest. There a couple nice built similar 65/66s on eBay from $18-45 so a huge gap. The only thing this is missing is a more modern front end and it would be a really kick ass car.

I think he's gonna list/ask $30, but will be ok with low-mid 20s. I really don't know what the car is actually worth to be honest. There a couple nice built similar 65/66s on eBay from $18-45 so a huge gap. The only thing this is missing is a more modern front end and it would be a really kick ass car.

Does he want a 2000 TJ in trade? No frame rot, and a Zone 4" lift for teh ride qualities.

Coupes aren't worth shit. If you can get any number that starts with a 2, take it. Then again, you're on the island and prices in your area/interest vary some maybe a little more. But coupes aren't worth the money put into them. Remember, this is coming for someone with a built 1st Gen Mustang too. I've told my dad to try and ask mid/high teens and take anything 10 or over

cKI7ubrl.jpg

He's gonna kick himself for selling it and you're gonna kick yourself for not buying it (or your wife will). If you really like it, keep it in the family.

https://www.lightstream.com/classic-car-financing
https://www.hagerty.com/finance/classic-car-financing/Potential-Providers

DO IT.

Does he want a 2000 TJ in trade? No frame rot, and a Zone 4" lift for teh ride qualities.

Sounds perfect. He might throw in his '17 Silverado too, wouldn't want you to lose out on the trade lol :eyes:

Coupes aren't worth shit. If you can get any number that starts with a 2, take it. Then again, you're on the island and prices in your area/interest vary some maybe a little more. But coupes aren't worth the money put into them. Remember, this is coming for someone with a built 1st Gen Mustang too. I've told my dad to try and ask mid/high teens and take anything 10 or over

I knowwwwwwwwww. I think mid high teens is WAY low though. 22-25 is totally fair in my opinion. IIRC he bought it for 24?

He's gonna kick himself for selling it and you're gonna kick yourself for not buying it (or your wife will). If you really like it, keep it in the family.

https://www.lightstream.com/classic-car-financing
https://www.hagerty.com/finance/classic-car-financing/Potential-Providers

DO IT.

My wife actually picked it out. I'll have to wait and see what happens before I can seriously consider it. He 100% won't sell it if he doesn't get his number, and if it ends up sitting in the garage another year maybe I'll have some money by then. I never was a Mustang guy, but having a family car is what makes it what it is. My father in law bought it because his dad had a 65 GT... which he borrowed crashed into a field one night at about 100 MPH when he was 19 or something :laugh:

That's a sweet looking car. What's he have done to the motor? Trans? Gears?

I agree with Bill, if you want to keep it in the family, figure out a way to finance it or something or get him to hold out for a year.

That's a sweet looking car. What's he have done to the motor? Trans? Gears?

I agree with Bill, if you want to keep it in the family, figure out a way to finance it or something or get him to hold out for a year.

347 stroker with dart aluminum heads, good for 425HP. I don't know all the specifics off the top of my heads but everything in there is high end. Nice street cam, art carr C4 trans w 3000rpm stall convertor, 3.55s limited slip 9" rear with alloys, subframe connectors, etc. should runs low 12s on sticky tires.

347 stroker with dart aluminum heads, good for 425HP. I don't know all the specifics off the top of my heads but everything in there is high end. Nice street cam, art carr C4 trans w 3000rpm stall convertor, 3.55s limited slip 9" rear with alloys, subframe connectors, etc. should runs low 12s on sticky tires.

Sounds bitchin.

Don't be disappointed if you ever run it and it doesn't run low 12s haha.

Back