• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Hey past and present Niner owners.. what's your thoughts on this rig's value?

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-for-sale-or-trade/6224310919.html

Has original wheels, spent some time in CT but seller says it shows zero surface rust. Got the seller to admit the 249 needs a Viscous Coupler and the 4wd low indicator stays lit.

all those autozone go fast goodies add up $$$ im sure something just as clean can be found for less especially if the owner doesn't know what he has, I think its a bit much even though niners are awesome

all those autozone go fast goodies add up $$$ im sure something just as clean can be found for less especially if the owner doesn't know what he has, I think its a bit much even though niners are awesome

Seems a little steep.

Confirms my thoughts.. KBB has it @$4600.

I would have an add'l grand in having it shipped up here. Flying down and driving it home only saves me about $300 after fuel/tolls/hotels etc..

You can get em cheaper, but its not like I'm in the market :roll: and you'll need that 10k over the next couple years of ownership with a FCA product :D

:laugh: Honestly amazes me how many people hate on FCA for quality.

My Ram is technically the only FCA vehicle we have, and it's only been back to the dealer once for a creaking drivers seat. 34k miles on it. Everything else is perfect.

Hey past and present Niner owners.. what's your thoughts on this rig's value?

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-for-sale-or-trade/6224310919.html

Has original wheels, spent some time in CT but seller says it shows zero surface rust. Got the seller to admit the 249 needs a Viscous Coupler and the 4wd low indicator stays lit.

I definitely think it is a bit steep on the price. The jeep is no doubt clean, but it is still not worth that much money. It might still be worth reaching out with an offer you think it is worth and let him sit on it a bit. I have had good luck with that in the past.

:laugh: Honestly amazes me how many people hate on FCA for quality.

My Ram is technically the only FCA vehicle we have, and it's only been back to the dealer once for a creaking drivers seat. 34k miles on it. Everything else is perfect.

Trevor's ENTIRE front end had to be done at 70k, and it was a mess. They're great trucks but don't last compared to the HD trucks and chevy/fords. Just what I've seen. It's still a super comfy 400hp monster that fits 35s with a level kit. Payload is meh, but thats a tradeoff for the ride. If I was in the market it would be between a ZR2 Colorado and a 1500 Ram Rebel and later add the new AEV stuff.

Just secured two team spots for the NY Gambler 500. You buttholes should sign up.

Trevor's ENTIRE front end had to be done at 70k, and it was a mess. They're great trucks but don't last compared to the HD trucks and chevy/fords. Just what I've seen. It's still a super comfy 400hp monster that fits 35s with a level kit. Payload is meh, but thats a tradeoff for the ride. If I was in the market it would be between a ZR2 Colorado and a 1500 Ram Rebel and later add the new AEV stuff.

Just secured two team spots for the NY Gambler 500. You buttholes should sign up.

What year was his? Most people with the HD trucks never put them through their paces, so no surprise they last a lot longer. I don't know many people with new chevys or fords to know if they have any issues. Chevy has ~200 lbs more payload in the same configuration. Ford payload looks to be the same as mine in the same configuration?

I had heard of issues in the first few years of this generation ('09-'11), but thought those were well sorted out.

To me, all three trucks seem to have the same level of performance. Ford might have a bit of an edge due to the lighter weight of the truck, guessing better power-to-weight and better fuel economy.

Last edited:
I definitely think it is a bit steep on the price. The jeep is no doubt clean, but it is still not worth that much money. It might still be worth reaching out with an offer you think it is worth and let him sit on it a bit. I have had good luck with that in the past.

I spoke with seller the other night, he knows I'm a serious buyer with cash in hand... and genuinely interested. Nice guy, but I cant have 2K above KBB by the time I get it in my driveway. He did come down 500.. I told him I thought 4500 was high end for value.

I'm awaiting the actual pics emailed to me vs the small one's posted. I'll step up for a nice rig but I have to consider transport.

I missed two one owner garaged 130Kish rigs at 3500-4500 already, so there's more out there.

My Niner would be my last Jeep, youngest daughter would get my current ZJ.

I appreciate the feedback.. i'v been out of the loop for years now. :cheers:

I spoke with seller the other night, he knows I'm a serious buyer with cash in hand... and genuinely interested. Nice guy, but I cant have 2K above KBB by the time I get it in my driveway. He did come down 500.. I told him I thought 4500 was high end for value.

I'm awaiting the actual pics emailed to me vs the small one's posted. I'll step up for a nice rig but I have to consider transport.

I missed two one owner garaged 130Kish rigs at 3500-4500 already, so there's more out there.

My Niner would be my last Jeep, youngest daughter would get my current ZJ.

I appreciate the feedback.. i'v been out of the loop for years now. :cheers:

$4500 still seems steep for something not bone stock, which is absolutely how I'd want to buy one if it was going to be a driver. The last one I bought had a ton of money into it in modifications/lift/etc and it was a mess, despite all the parts being nice.

What year was his? Most people with the HD trucks never put them through their paces, so no surprise they last a lot longer. I don't know many people with new chevys or fords to know if they have any issues. Chevy has ~200 lbs more payload in the same configuration. Ford payload looks to be the same as mine in the same configuration?

I had heard of issues in the first few years of this generation ('09-'11), but thought those were well sorted out.

To me, all three trucks seem to have the same level of performance. Ford might have a bit of an edge due to the lighter weight of the truck, guessing better power-to-weight and better fuel economy.

Not 100% sure... I think 11?

$4500 still seems steep for something not bone stock, which is absolutely how I'd want to buy one if it was going to be a driver. The last one I bought had a ton of money into it in modifications/lift/etc and it was a mess, despite all the parts being nice.

I kinda agree, but I'd pay 4500 for this rig. It's the lowest mileage i'v seen under an $8K asking, and the interior (90% of why I want a Niner over a 5.2 Limited) is mint.

He has the original wheels, Those black steelies/tires go on my 95. I'd swap the taillights out. The intake could easily be sourced from any 5.2 correct? I'd keep the budget boost.

And take off WhateverTF is on the front fenders.

For comparison, this guy didn't reply to two emails I sent asking if he'd negotiate a fair price.

https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/6181420431.html

I kinda agree, but I'd pay 4500 for this rig. It's the lowest mileage i'v seen under an $8K asking, and the interior (90% of why I want a Niner over a 5.2 Limited) is mint.

He has the original wheels, Those black steelies/tires go on my 95. I'd swap the taillights out. The intake could easily be sourced from any 5.2 correct? I'd keep the budget boost.

And take off WhateverTF is on the front fenders.

For comparison, this guy didn't reply to two emails I sent asking if he'd negotiate a fair price.

https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/6181420431.html

Factory intakes are the same between the 5.2 and 5.9. The one on there looks like an AEM piece, which are decent.

If I had the means, I'd pick up a new SS sedan. Perfect, sensible family hauler.

My wife's company car (base Malibu, same platform) had bad rear bearings the day she got it, new. I'm biased too, but this might be empirical evidence as to why I will never own anything with a bow tie on it, even if it was free.
The debate over the trucks is never ending, but I will say that in the realm of 3/4 ton and above, there's good reason fords still rule the roost. It may have to do with the solid axle with a simple suspension design. Rams still have what is basically an oversized reverse 4 link, more like a jeep. Lots of links and bushings to wear out. Look up reviews on discount tire and tire racks websites for tires sized for HD trucks. Majority of complaints are from dodge owners who plow snow and bitch that they can't keep tire wear down. It's not the tire, it's the truck.

Plowing tears up front ends, yet people seem to not understand that. 35k seems light for needing ball joints, but not really if you've got a guy driving it like a cowboy behind the wheel, especially plowing snow. I can't fault the truck on that one without knowing whether or not the guy was bouncing it over curbs and whatnot. ???

For reference, my 08 f350 has just under 50k with the heavy ass diesel over the front, rarely moves without a trailer behind it, is 8 year's older than that truck, and I'm running wide set 20 inch wheels. And the front end is as tight as the day I bought it. Plowing tears front ends up.

I always loved telling people that my '01 2500 Cummins could do 90k on a set of ball joints, which included plowing my driveway and at times even driving 45 miles to work with the plow hanging over the front end (along with that monster of an engine).

I honestly think the 37s and lifts people put on those trucks (along with buying the cheapest ball joints imaginable) led to a short life on the front end. Spicer or bust.

I always loved telling people that my '01 2500 Cummins could do 90k on a set of ball joints, which included plowing my driveway and at times even driving 45 miles to work with the plow hanging over the front end (along with that monster of an engine).

I honestly think the 37s and lifts people put on those trucks (along with buying the cheapest ball joints imaginable) led to a short life on the front end. Spicer or bust.

wait you mean to tell me putting on shitty mods done by someone that know nothing and driving it into the ground means that it will have a short life?

Factory intakes are the same between the 5.2 and 5.9. The one on there looks like an AEM piece, which are decent.

Good to know..

You might have better luck calling him, doesn't sound like he checks his email too often... :rtm:

Tried.. doesn't pick up.

I made an offer on Florida rig this am, see if he responds.

Last few days i'v been tempted by a Vette and a Hemi WK.

Back