• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the LED tail light thread

I know it's pretty annoying. I would love to score a set of euro's frmo ebay for cheap, but they all seem to be around $70. And all I'm going to do is destroy it? F that.

no doubt. my UK source wants £35 + Post for a clean set of euro tails.
That's 52usd+shipping across the pond. I think zluster scored a set from Japan for allot less.

They were very cheap in Japan, The shipping was pricey, I think it came out to just over $50 for the pair.

$52 aint bad though, back in the summer when I was buying parts from the UK that would have been $70.

Check yahoo japan auctions, you would probably find some cheap there. I will also check into the guy i got them from before.

Last edited:
Well, I tried. Here's the response...

Hi Gary,

Currently we do not have any plan for Cherokee and we are trying to
catch up with '08 and '09 model applicaton.

Sincerely,
AnzoUSA.

Here's what mine read:

Hi Dan,

Currently we do not have any plan for Cherokee and we are trying to
catch up with '08 and '09 model applicaton.

Sincerely,
AnzoUSA.

I emailed them again using my hotmail account, but the last time we spoke this was what tech told me (love the grammar):
we did produce an LED taillight for the cherokee but had to many problem with the resistance from the ecu we discountiuned the line after a few ecu's being metlted.
That's right.... they metlted lolz.

Also general info said this:
At this time we do not have any plan for vehicle older then year
2007. We are in process of catching up with new vehicle application
until the end of this year.

Sincerely,
AnzoUSA.

Lamesauce. I'm still looking for a set of euro's. I know someone on here has to be looking to get rid of those hideous things lol.

I have some of the black euros I would be willing to part with.

You're talking about black or carbon altezzas (ughh!!!).
This is what we're talking about when we mention euros:
orvis-12.jpg

Last edited:
You're talking about black or carbon altezzas (ughh!!!).
This is what we're talking about when we mention euros:

Oh, I thought by the way you said "hideous things" you meant the other type. :D :dunce:

Yea sorry forgot there's so much terminology floating around. By euro's I did mean altezza's. Hjeepxj would you be willing to swap for a set of stockers?

Yea sorry forgot there's so much terminology floating around. By euro's I did mean altezza's. Hjeepxj would you be willing to swap for a set of stockers?

I don't need stockers, I got rid of those years ago. :D Im running Formatt Fab tails...

There is a slight crack on one of the corners, and I want $150 shipped for them.

Holy hell $150 shipped?! I could just get a pair of crappy ebay ones for half that. All I need are the clear lenses to do a little R&D with. Thanks but no thanks.

I apologize beforehand for being rude, but I wouldn't take a set of those tail lights for half that. Heck, I wouldn't take a set for free. IMO, nothing ruins a clean Cherokee build like a set of those tails. Simply put, they look bad on ebay, but they're simply barftastic installed.

Aside from getting a set of LEDS made for us than I would suggest a set of tails off a European XJ... than do a DIY Mercedes tail tint... like this:
http://volvospeed.com/Mods/tinting_vht_niteshade_imron.html

Here's another example.... it's a very light tint (so it's perfectly safe for daytime driving)
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2628/towhook6qn.jpg

Sorry maybe I need to be a little more clear on my intentions. What I want to do, is take a stock pair of cherokee tails, rip the lense off, build the boards inside and vacuum a clean chrome shroud for them, dye the clear lense red (all except reverse portion, that could be bead blasted) and then put the clear lense on the sotck pair. Looks stock, no diffusion.

Of course, that's all in a nutshell. I would have to find the appropriate dye for the plastic that the lens is made out of, build heatsinks for the boards, make new pigtails for the bulb holders, get a new flasher relay, send out the shrouds for "chroming".

Basically everything you did UrbanYan for your parking lights, but for the rear. Only I would rather keep the lens red.

Last edited:
Well that's just crazy... and I know crazy lol.

I was seriously thinking of getting my buddy to convert my current tails. The plus: they're pretty close to our OEM tails, and their texture would save time covering the LED boards with ABS plastic. The minus: My friend hates working with LEDs, it takes forever for him to hammer out a set, and most importantly... they don't make these tails anymore so if he breaks them I'm done-for. Mind you, If I knew they still make these tails than I would definitely take the risk with another custom retro.
tails.jpg

Back