• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tellico transformer (laid her over..)

JLane99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
tellico Jeepin.com Goonie run 7-24/25-04
SLIDE SHOW

black betty on her side, don't ask it was really stupid...
167653757qoHphh_ph.jpg

so as planned the trail riding season is over for me w/ my son playing football & hunting around the corner i'll be pretty busy,

but after this past wk end i'll be workin on an exo-cage tie into the uni-body & 1x3" tubing fender "flares" to resembel the stock shape but cut to fit larger 35x12.5 tires & being an integral part of the exo cage (round tubing) as will be the rock rails & interior tubing pieces to tie the top of the uni-body to the bottom (floor)

rolling (1/2 way) wasn't fun,,
it actually scared the crap outta me (no actuall crap in my pants but..) i thought i had killed my girlfriend..
& the ride on Sat after this happened on fri (7-24-04) was slightly unnerving everytime we-would lean over my knuckles got white..

so next yer the COG will be lower even though the top will be caged & fenders cut w/ 35s the rear will be a d-44 (regearing to 4.88s & rear disc-brakes)
the cog i'll lower some how even if i have to truss the axles w/ 1/2" plate & add 1/2" plate to the *frame rails* & skids..

Yep it is quite scary the first time! Glad to hear everyone is ok. At least you did it on a trail...... LOL!

the transformation has begun..

sold the 33s & wheels today,,
(riding on some skateboard 265/70r16 on silver libbys- lol!!)

pulled off the flares.
looking measuring thinking about plans for fender cuts, mainly the rear. the front is a no brainer..

going to pick up the d-44 sometime this wk..

ahhh.. ;)

Back