• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA King of the Hammers preperations

OK OK, but i had to get some sleep first :)

Heres what got done over the weekend

Gusset tire carrier and add 1 tab for y strap

:)

Gonna use it?

:yelclap:

I want it back after the race.

thats the plan, both use it and get it back to you after the race. Me being the blonde tard that i can be some times, i forgot it in my jeep when i took Cal's honda out there. Thanks again Cal for the use of the honda and Dan Hyatt for use of the Plasma cutter.

I do drive a truck, its just not as profitable :). and the horn goes beep beep beep

It's back supporting itself after 3 weeks on jack stands! :D

The shocks and tires went back on this morning. I need to air up the shocks and set ride height, put in the seat belts and seats, and fix a small fuel leak at one of the ball valves (same valve Mike, the other side). The cutting brakes are working, had to fix a leak in one of the fittings, and I changed out a couple rod ends in the steering. I tightened a bunch of bolts and marked them with Torque Seal so they are easy to watch and see if they move, this is cool stuff. Got the new brake lines secured on the rear axle, and used a bunch of wire ties to secure more lines and wires. This thing has bags of wire ties on it. :)

yup, 22.84 pounds of wire ties.

:thumbup:

Did you have enough?

You shoulda seen the look on his face when he opened the box and there were 30 tubes staring at him. I was wondering if he planned to mark every bolt on every buggy competing.. ;)

You shoulda seen the look on his face when he opened the box and there were 30 tubes staring at him. I was wondering if he planned to mark every bolt on every buggy competing.. ;)

Well, the tubes aren't very big (2.5 oz) and I know the bolts are big. Besides, I wanted to make sure there was enough for everyone.

I'm really curious to see how it holds up to the vibration. Works really good in airplanes.

The cutting brakes are working, had to fix a leak in one of the fittings,

What did you end up running for cutting brakes?

Do you have control over every tire individually, or just fronts and rears? or just either rear?

I'm thinking that cutting brakes will be a MAJOR project in my rig, because I want to use the 2 in, 2 out style with the 2 MC's and 1 handle (this one) and be able to control each tire individually - so the plumbing will be quite interesting...

What did you end up running for cutting brakes?

Do you have control over every tire individually, or just fronts and rears? or just either rear?

I'm thinking that cutting brakes will be a MAJOR project in my rig, because I want to use the 2 in, 2 out style with the 2 MC's and 1 handle (this one) and be able to control each tire individually - so the plumbing will be quite interesting...

Two levers, each rear wheel.

cuttingbrake.jpg

Well, the tubes aren't very big (2.5 oz) and I know the bolts are big. Besides, I wanted to make sure there was enough for everyone.

I'm really curious to see how it holds up to the vibration. Works really good in airplanes.

We'll know more after this weekend, I marked a bunch of front end bolts to see how it works.

I'm tired. Been working nearly non-stop (plus regular work) for 6 weeks. I'm ready to do more testing.... :D

Testing hmmm, i better keep my welding helmet handy, :) just playing.

Testing hmmm, i better keep my welding helmet handy, :) just playing.

I'm bringing it with me.......you left it here. :)

I'm outta here in a few minutes.

Tank u misr geff. i is tard some time :)

Back