• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase

... the more I think about it, the more apprehensive I get. I believe that the electronic mode select switch is located in a different position than the vacuum (front half of the case vs. back half). You will be able to plug the vacuum switch location, but I am unsure if there is a stock "hole" where the electronic switch would go on the older cases...

it SHOULD bolt up and have the right inputs, but, wrangler cases sit flatter. So you'd likely have to
Drop the t-case with a 1" drop
Clearance the floor with a BFH until it fits.

The good news is that you'd get more ground clearance, just a little more work to fit it in there.

87manche said:
but, wrangler cases sit flatter

Is the case different or are the mounting holes on the tranny different? I know XJ's are a 23 degree rotation, and wranglers are a 13 degree, but I always thought the difference was in the tranny holes not the transfer case.

flash2pablo said:
Yep I agree, when i had to replace my Np231, I could only get a 96 tcase, because they were made specifically different for that year. I couldn't use anything prior than 96.
Good Luck,

PBen

That's interesting. What is it that makes the 96 231 different than the 97?
Both have 23 spline input and sealed output.
The switch connector may be incompatible, but that would be a simple splice job.

WHAT KIND IF TRANNY IS A aw4??? auto or manual?? THANKS i FOUND ONE OUT OF A 91XJ WITH A AW4 AND HE IS ASKING 125$$$ WILL THINS WORK FOR MY AUTO XJ?? ITS A 23SPLNE....

Back