• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-max winch

hot1le

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can get my t-max 9000 lb. winch repaired in the Atlanta area. I took it apart and cannot find any apparent problems. I pulled a 2 ton truck out with it and now it will pull then let loose then pull and let loose. Any ideas?

M8000_winch.jpg

Thanks but I never had a problem until I pulled out a 2 ton truck that was on the frame. I am quite sure that it was way more than 9000 lbs. I new better but was trying to help out a buddy. I am pretty sure that warn would nit have done it either.

Have you called t-max?

I've never had a problem with any of my t-max products, but my father has destroyed (physically, not their own failure) 2 of the t-max solid state controllers. The first time customer service sent him the required parts to repair it for free, the second time around they sold him a new unit at a better than retail price. They have shown excellent service.

I called their repair number and they told me that if I send them the reciept and tell them what is broke they will send me the parts. My problem is I took it all apart and cant find anything broken. And I also have a trip to Tellico in 3 weeks. The guy I pulled out has offered to replace it or repair it I just need to find someone close by with a quick turnaround.

That was kind of my point, call them and ask if they know a repair facility. :)

Well I got to speak to their repair center. I explained what had happend to it and the guy told me that the brake was messed up. He said that it may not be physically broken but it will still be bad.

i was weary of buying t-max. after using this one a year i sold my warn, never going back.

I love my t-max I just got a little gready with it. I pulled a 2 ton topkick truck out of the mud that was on the frame on one side. Had to strap my vehicle to a blazer to keep it from moving forward. The t-max guys said that I broke the clutch assy. and when I show them the reciept they will ship me the part. Pretty good service if you ask me.

is the summit winch identical to the t max?

DansGreyMj said:
is the summit winch identical to the t max?

I've heard rumors that some of the off brands were t-max winches, but so far all of the ones I have seen turned out to be milemarker.

My summit winch says t-max right on the side. My buddy bought one a couple months later and it does not. But it is identical to mine. Oh my replacement brake is in the mail. The lady didnt even want my reciept because I was away from a fax machine. She said she would go ahead and mail it anyways. Pretty good service if you ask me.

Back