• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Engine is hard starting

NGThomas

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a remanufactured engine (4.0 L) in my 92 XJ. I had trouble getting it to start and it sounded like a timing issue so I went thru the whole process again. Everything checked OK so I tried stating it again and once again it cranked and cranked and sounded like it wanted to start. I kept cranking and all of a sudden it was running just fine. I went ahead and ran it for a few minutes but it was heating up rather fast so shut ut down and let it cool while I tried to get more coolant in. When I went to start it again it wouldn't start but just cranked and cranked sounding like it wanted to run then finally as the battery was giving out it suddenly started running. Once again it runs just fine once it starts but it just won't start right up like a fuel injected engine should.

Does any one have any ideas? Ever experienced this?

I have done nothing to the engine but I did replace the radiator with a Mishimoto duel core aluminum radiator with three electric fans replacing the engine driven fan.

Back