• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake 2014

I second that!
I like music, just usually not other peoples music. It bugs me when people blare music on the trails and in camp. When I'm enjoying the outdoors I want to be enjoying the piece and quite the outdoors has to offer.

yeah....that sucked last year

I second that!
I like music, just usually not other peoples music. It bugs me when people blare music on the trails and in camp. When I'm enjoying the outdoors I want to be enjoying the piece and quite the outdoors has to offer.

Well, you are next to a lake. I hear stereos don't tend to like water...:eyes:

David Bricker / SYR

So what's the gas situation like? Ie how far from the nearest gas station is the trailhead? Should I carry an extra can? We'll be driving from San Diego, trying to wrestle up some more support down here to caravan up. Also what about truck/trailer parking?

So what's the gas situation like? Ie how far from the nearest gas station is the trailhead? Should I carry an extra can? We'll be driving from San Diego, trying to wrestle up some more support down here to caravan up. Also what about truck/trailer parking?

There is truck and trailer parking at the camp near Dinky.

You will have enough fuel, you don't get to use your new NATO can at this event.

There is a small convenience store 1 mile away from where you meet at the beginning of the Run. They sell gas there.

redstapler.jpg

I was told i could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume between 9 and 11

31's with single locker and tow points/winch should make it right? :)

31's with single locker and tow points/winch should make it right? :)

yes, should be fine if the driver takes it carefully

IMG_2139Large.jpg

IMG_2109Large.jpg

IMG_2117Large.jpg

IMG_2131Large.jpg

IMG_2129Large.jpg

IMG_2080Large.jpg

IMG_2122Large.jpg

IMG_2094Large.jpg

All new springs, a full cage and 35's now... I've put a lot of thought into this... I think I can pack more this year!

Great, you can make it even more top-heavy? It sure was "interesting" watching you head up the hill.

David Bricker / SYR

Great, you can make it even more top-heavy? It sure was "interesting" watching you head up the hill.

David Bricker / SYR

I heard he fully welded all the lower tube so it's air/water tight. Before Swamp he'll fill it with mercury to act as ballast.

One of our older club members tells a story about coming into Grouse Lake in a rain storm and there were 20 ish Cherokees camped there, the people were under a leaky tarp with a smokey fire inviting them to stay with them. One rig was a white 59 Dodge and the other was a white TJ pulling a trailer, they went on to Swamp instead. He says the Cherokee guys were telling stories about broken driveshafts, etc. This was about 7 years ago, your group?

Video of the Dodge.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUFg7erZ8EQ

One of our older club members tells a story about coming into Grouse Lake in a rain storm and there were 20 ish Cherokees camped there, the people were under a leaky tarp with a smokey fire inviting them to stay with them. One rig was a white 59 Dodge and the other was a white TJ pulling a trailer, they went on to Swamp instead. He says the Cherokee guys were telling stories about broken driveshafts, etc. This was about 7 years ago, your group?

Video of the Dodge.

yes, that was this group from the stories I heard :)

Video of the Dodge.

That was actually over a decade ago, 8/1/2003...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Back