• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake 2014

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
Worked with Goatman to nail down a date for Swamp Lake. All of his racing and anniversaries made picking the date difficult. Looks like we can do it Aug 8th-10th. I think there is a Rubicon run going about that same time...

Swamp Lake is a very Scenic trail that has a great camping area next to a lake. Great fishing (My kids love it, but no trophy fish). Fun to take boats out onto the water.

The trail is moderate... with lots of rocks that are constant. This is a trip my family looks forward to every year. Hit me up if you need any more info.

Jeremy

From a previous post by Goatman:
If you haven't done this trip yet, you don't know what you're missing. Many drive for many more hours to run the Rubicon and this is arguably a better trip and much closer. The trail is a 14 mile loop trail (the 'Con is 9 miles) and we camp about halfway through at one of the best Jeep camping sites you'll ever be at, right next to Grouse Lake at '9200. We camp near Dinky Creek Thurs night, which is about an hour east of Fresno, then hit the trail Fri morning. Fri and Sat we camp at the lake, then finish the trail on Sunday. The trail has moderate rock crawling, well, depends on what you call moderate, 33's and one locker are fine, and ton's of great scenery. The trail is very remote, so equipment and maintenance need to be in order.

And, if you don't know what this trail is like, read through last years trip report... as this is a rather long rocky trail.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1101411&highlight=swamp+lake

Good times :cheers:

Except for the stereo blasting the whole time last year :banghead:

Looks like we can do it Aug 8th-10th. I think there is a Rubicon run going about that same time...

Sierra Fest Rubicon run is August 4-6. Sierra Fest itself is Aug 7-10.

A group of us from SoCal are planning a Rubicon run Aug 11-15. Come on by after Swamp Lake if you want! :D

I really want to run swamp with you socal folks but this is the same weekend as our Sierra fest so hopefully next year we can make it work?

This would be epic.

schedule is fine.....just need to have a rule about no music blaring or playing while we are out there!!!!!

schedule is fine.....just need to have a rule about no music blaring or playing while we are out there!!!!!

Why not?
dance-party-dj-smiley-emoticon.gif

I second that!
I like music, just usually not other peoples music. It bugs me when people blare music on the trails and in camp. When I'm enjoying the outdoors I want to be enjoying the piece and quite the outdoors has to offer.

Back