• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension chioce 98XJ

Boondox

NAXJA Forum User
Going to take a look at 3 differant ones this weekend.
the price is around 3 grand for each... I'm looking for lift kits for them.
Alot of them look nice, but who better to ask than the crowd that uses
them. I'm going between RE 4.5 due to the quality & rep. or RC 6.5
due to the price & adj. control arms... I would like to run 35's but know the
axles can't handle the abuse. Even RE recommend nothing more 33x10.5.
Also should i have the SYE done professionaly?

I did build this, but had to let it go to change of income.
It was pride enjoy =(
Thanx for the help and hope to hit the trails soon.

1316161575.jpg

Rock Krawler 3 link 4.5" kit.
1500 shipped at most places online, good kit.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=921218&highlight=rough+country

here is a good thread on Rough Country and there customer service.

This topic has been covered a million times and you will get varied opinions of each and every lift out there. I have ran both RE 4.5" and RC 6.5" lifts and my personal opinion is put together a lift that will satisify your type of wheeling and do it right the first time and dont half ass important things like your steering etc. My lift now consists of RE, RC, BOR and an assortment of other products. It was assembled to meet my objectives and done so in a safe manner. As far as having a professional install your SYE, that all depends on how mechanically inclined you are. I installed my first SYE on my own with teh help of a friend and a 6 pack. I have snce installed a few more while mounted in the vehicle. It is not an overly complicated job, but just read the directions and pay attention to how things come apart.

Pride enjoy = pride and joy??

I'd go with the RE 4.5 kit if I was starting over with a full suspension kit. Mine already came lifted, so now I have to work off of what I have, which turns out being more expensive. Seems the RE4.5 has everything you need right off the bat except for bigger tires and an SYE.

Back