• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions on running 38" or bigger...

Check out Billy's xj database for pics and use those buzz words like "38's" "fullwidth" etc. xjdb.com
Nice XJ/MJ pic source and a heck of guy. :)
Troy

xj_punk said:
i filtered out the false stuff and added the necessary information. i've been on both sides of the fence, open your eyes.
let the grown-ups talk
Hey a$$hat!, I run 36's and 38's would fit with my setup no problem. And guess, what? Mine is a dd and I regularly make 100+ mile trips back and forth from school. I still have a roof, heater, AC, stereo. If you are not a retard you can have a duel purpose rig. For some reason a lot of people think full width axles will ruin their streetablitly well, they were stock on something before you swap them in. And notice how you have hacked your body to shit, so yeah you're going to need a little more work. So, do not change my words or call me a child. I might know what I'm talking about.

paul_xj04 said:
ashman what do you have for the rear suspension. what to know more and some flex pix.
Post Hijack..

My wheeling budy has OBA so I used that on the first trail test on Friday-saturday, only needed to air up twice on about 10hrs of wheelin..slow leaks.

flex shot?
download.php

download.php

Some AZ marathon pics:
http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4447&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

looks like you fell over to me

BajaXJ92 said:
This thread is SOILED with those that "just don't get it".

I personally, take care in knowing that most of you kids will just lift your rig to fit 38s, only to take it out wheeling once, get bored, and sell your junk for a pontiac firebird. At least you're off the trails.

WTF is your problem?!
...and who are "you kids"?
Its grumpy old twats with no enthusiasm that tick off the whole 4x4 community more than any of the "kids" you speak of. Some of the narrow minded geezers out there really need to seek help in having there cranial-rectal insertion diagnosed and treated. Realize that some of us like myself are sick and tired of going through 4 or 5 damn suspension/drivetrain combos to get to the final product. Yes, actually I am a "kid", seeing as how you decided to jump all over the fact i just turned 21. At least im assuming that's what sparked your comments. And as a "kid" i dont feel comfortable knowing that Ive now wasted probably half of the 30 thousand dollars Ive got into this jeep by going with sets of rims/tires and axles and lockers and gears and suspensions and that i was just going to scrap anyways because i would end up going bigger little by little.

So please dont tell me that there is anything wrong with jumping right to "fitting your rig with 38's". Doing it right, and doing it right THE FIRST TIME has now taken priority. Dont act like there is anything wrong with this. Im spending a hell of a lot of hard earned money to make something im very passionate about happen. Especially for a 21 yr old "kid" like myself trying to survive on low ranking military pay while maintaining the most expensive hobby known to man outside of crack or heiroin (sp). People act like its mommy and daddy's money time and effort thats being spent here, and its not. Also dont tell me that I'll "get bored, sell it and buy a firebird". You judge, yet you are completely ignorant. When was the last time you donated money to the blue ribbon coalition? when was the last time YOU wrote a 9 page letter to your state's parks and resources dept. to try to keep a trail open? when was the last time you started and completed a petition with over 270 signatures to try fight the powers that be in keeping Spyder Lake open?

You need to accept the fact that there ARE young guys like myself who are passionate about the sport, and are willing to do all possible to make it better for all of us, while still going bigger and bigger with their own rigs. Above all, if actually DO decide to sell it and get a "firebird" or whatever you say, then fine. Thats my perogative. Get over it. Know in the meantime that I did MY part, and contributed more than my share to your precious hobby. However that isnt the case. Yes my jeep will be running 38's or bigger. Get over that too.
There's a good chance that one day on the trail it will be you who is stranded, broke, busted, whatever. And guess who comes stolling into your rearview mirror... yeah. That "kid" on 38's. Winch cable out, and strap in hand happy to help.

Wake the hell up.

Hell yeah ArcticXJ!! We all have to start somewhere. I had to start small because I started before there were compnaies like Tomken, RE and so on. If I could have I would have started where I am now. I have much respect for a younger person who spends their money on such a great hobby like four wheeling as to one who spends all their money on drugs, alcohol or regular sports (i.e....tickets, jerseys, souvenier crap). Keep the faith, there are a few of us who don't bash or say negative things in every damn post. Weed through the crap, get the info you need to do it right.
Run what YOU want, not what THEY think you should run!

Chill,
RonS

CW said:
Hey a$$hat!, I run 36's and 38's would fit with my setup no problem. And guess, what? Mine is a dd and I regularly make 100+ mile trips back and forth from school. I still have a roof, heater, AC, stereo. If you are not a retard you can have a duel purpose rig. For some reason a lot of people think full width axles will ruin their streetablitly well, they were stock on something before you swap them in. And notice how you have hacked your body to shit, so yeah you're going to need a little more work. So, do not change my words or call me a child. I might know what I'm talking about.

what necessary mods did you make to have this work. any dumbass can weld on full widths, but will it last?what does hacking the body have to do with anything? i know how the body is so strong and all... dumbass
every xj that wheels should have a cage, just cause you have body doesn't mean you are safe

i wish we were on pirate so i could use certain smilie faces

hey arctic xj... i'm 21 too... rock on bro!!!!

Back