• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SubThump 10" Box

I had one major issue with this setup. The seatbelt that is just to the left of the sub-box rattled horribly whenever the sub hit. Installing the plastic paneling did nothing to minimize the noise. I ended up wrapping the seat-belt mechanism in cardboard and tape, then dynomatting the hell out of it - no more rattles!

The AMP being installed where it is looks really stupid - but it's out of the way and I didn't have to run all of the wires for the amp again, since it was originally installed in the useless cubby.

Overall I'm very happy with this setup. The sub + this box hits harder than the big floating qube I had in the back for a year. Also, no more flying sub box issues, if I flop again.

Cool. I'll try that. I stuft the crap out of the void with foam and polyfill. Still rattles with certain beats and weather.

I havent had any rattle issues with mine and I have taken it out and put it back in multiple times.

It's a 10" @ 300 watts rms. I would love to have a 12" sub for the lower frequency stuff, but I want my cargo space more :)

Id throw a couple soundcubed twelves in a box but I'd prolly wake up to broken glass and stolen mojo haha. I don't need the extra hearing damage anyhow.

Does anyone who has installed this remember or know what the clearance is behind the box to the wall of the fender? I have a set of JCR's rear armor installed and I'm afraid of the hardware interfering with the box. Any advice would be appreciated as this is a slick looking setup that I've been debating for a while.

I will be in Austin area over Thanksgiving week (Wed-Sat) and we can test it. All you need to do is pull the rear quarter plastic.

I don't have a exact measurement, but my box was a tight fit and left somewhere around 1/2" behind it and the read quarter panel metal.

This looks and SOUNDS like a great idea. Not exactly sure what is going to happen with my XJ though. I do not drive it much currently, as I have my better MPG MJ 4.0L/manual to drive as a DD. But, this would definitely allow me to keep my Drawers in the back and not all that spendy. I have an amp somewhere, and probably a sub of sorts.

iluv83vettes, obviously I don't get on here too much, but thank you very much for the offer. I also probably ought to update my profile as I'm living in North Texas the past few years. I do get down to Austin time and again though and would love to try that if we ever cross paths at a convenient time.

Back